Time Recording and Capacity Planning

Options
Andreas Wenninger
Andreas Wenninger Member Posts: 3
5 Likes First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi there,

we would switch from wrike to pipedrive projects immediately, but need time tracking on projects and the ability to capacity plan teams.

Is this on the roadmap?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Andreas Wenninger

Currently we're discussing our roadmap plans and the time tracking is on the table but I can't confirm it right now. Can you tell me how you'd like this capacity planning to work?

Answers

• Andreas Wenninger
    Options

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes, I'll be happy to do it briefly here, because I see the advantages to have one system instead of two. But as far as the project funktionality is right now, we won´t be able to chance. But I am sure, within two years Pipedrive will have done the job :-)

If you would like, I can also provide you with a screenrecording, or offer you a webmeeting.

Short description:

We deposit all employees in the production with your working hours. Additionally with the vacation planning. Thus a net availability per employee is guaranteed in the system. All work and tasks have a planned effort in time from the template. So TARGET time. The employees book their working time directly on the activity/task. This results in a target/actual comparison and a billable time.

In addition, the project management can schedule the planned tasks/activities, which have a planned time, against the available hours of the employees. We always do this in Kanban on Friday. However, this also works in the waterfall process.

In this way, we can see how many resources we need and when, and could show customers precise implementation dates and project runtimes.

I hope the short description helps you. As mentioned, we are available for open book and can gladly do a webmeeting about it.

Best regards

Andreas.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Thank you for clarifying @Andreas Wenninger this is really helpful :)

• Ashley Keeler
    Ashley Keeler Member Posts: 13
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Any further thoughts on time recording? This would be a great feature in projects.

• Mike van der Valk
    Options

Hi @Ashley Keeler at the moment it's in the backlog but not prioritised

• Ashley Keeler
    Ashley Keeler Member Posts: 13
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thanks @Mike van der Valk we currently use QB & Asana for this but might be nice to look at integrations down the line - keen to have PD as our system company wide.