Email - label customisation & deleted email history

Laura Maier
Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
First Anniversary First Comment

Scenario:

Some of our contacts have more than one email address but have only subscribed with one of them to our marketing emails - and unsubscribed with the other.

Or - one of the emails is outdated and not to be used anymore but cannot be deleted as this would mean we are losing visibility of relevant email history.

There are some major restrictions on the pipedrive default email field:

a) I cannot create custom email labels (or add anything more than work/home other)

b) I cannot filter by email label - If I generate a list of subscribed contacts, all emails are displayed in one field on the list view and export. They are also not marked with their label here so noone will know which email is which.

c) email legacy disappears when I delete an outdated email address. - but due to the reasons above, I have no means to mark and exclude the outdated email from a list or export.

I think there is urgent need for improvement from pipedrive.

When I want to generate a marketing list for marketing email subscripted emails, I can only do this by adding a custom field which repeats the main (subscribed) email of the contact. But this will only partially solve the issue and also cause more work / more potential for misspellings etc...

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Mark Everts
    Mark Everts Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Developers should add an additional email label 'Do not use'. And if they are really good at what they do, they could also disable the click to copy functionality, if the 'Do not use' label is used with an discarded emails address.

Alternatively, they could add a new field to be used for discarded email addresses, which would results in historic emails which were sent from or to that address, to be still shown in the history of the contact.

This is a really important function.

Other uses would be where a contact leaves the company and is replaced by a new staff member. We then rename the contact, but keep the old person's email address as well, so that older emails, and price quotes are still shown.