Deleted email are not synced

Options
Yang
Yang Member Posts: 9
Photogenic First Comment

I use the email sync feature of PipeDrive.

It's a good idea, especially to integrate incoming email from contact to a lead of a business and share it with other people of the team.

As it sync with each employee inbox folder, and as PipeDrive email feature is fine but not the-mail-client-killer, each of us still use our webmail/mail-app to manager their mails, and, among other things, to clear all the spams we receive each day.

Unfortunatly, when we delete a mail from the webmail/mail-app, the incoming mail stays in the pipedrive inbox....so we have to delete it twice.

This is a real deal-breaker for us and I can't ask all the employee to to twice the job.

I don't understand why Pipedrive doesn't delete the mail from the inbox when it is deleted on the server. This is IMAP 101 !

By the way : we sync to a regular IMAP mail server.

Comments

• Yang
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I think you misunderstood my case.

The message are not deleted from the INBOX folder. They are moved to the Trash folder (which in our server is called "Deleted Items").

Eg :

[30/Nov/2022 23:39:12] {MOVE} Protocol: HTTP/WebMail, User: xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.fr, IP: a.b.c.d, Folder: ~xxxxxx@xxxxxx.fr/INBOX, Destination Folder: ~xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.fr/Deleted Items, From: "Pipedrive Community" <community@pipedrive.com>, Subject: "[Pipedrive Community] CarlosPD mentioned you in Team Inbox", Msg-Id: <<AwdiR874opvNfz91HtdB6JbdlSSjFpkETL

• Maggie
    Maggie Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I have the same issue. The sync between Gmail inbox and Pipedrive inbox are not two-way synced. Meaning changes in Gmail do NOT carry over to Pipedrive. But, with Pipedrive's limitations to put items in a folder, then I have to go back to Gmail to do this. Then, go back and archive emails in Pipedrive. Double the work. Double the task.

• Louise V
    Louise V Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Any news on this? I need this to work. We are on the free trial version right now, if it cannot work, it is a dealbreaker for us.

• Yang
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

it still behave abnormally : deleted email on our email client (outlook/webmail…) doesn’t reflect on Pipedrive

unfortunatly, I bought a 12 month before I realize the email deletion was not working.

my users are very frustrated with Pipedrive because of that and no one at Pipedrive took care of this issue

i’m very disappointed

• Maggie
    Options

I'd love to see this feature remedied as well! Thank you for continuing to advocate for it.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited February 2023 #7
    Options

It only works for me if I use the actual gmail webapp or ios app. If I use the built in ios mail client there are no changes made to pipedrive mail.

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Hello!

In this case, please reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com. Our team would need to check exact examples to understand what is going on with your account. This could have different reasons and our team needs to check further with exact examples.

Alternatively, you can delete emails only from the Pipedrive side. As it can be selected under settings for emails to be deleted on the provider once deleted in Pipedrive.

• Yang
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I already did that but I had no efficient support.

I'm stuck with that crap since month

• Kreete K
    Options

Hi @Yang

I checked some more topics and seems there was also a reply from Carlos in one explaining the situation. Seems your case is specific due to IMAP settings and Trash folder usage. I am sorry the functionality is not working as expected right now in this specific case.

• Yang
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

My "Trash folder usage" has nothing really specific : when I delete an mail, it goes to the trash folder. End of story.

The point is Pipedrive doesn't detect an email deleted from the inbox.

Each day, all my users have to clean the mess in Pipedrive which is very painfull, time consuming and unproductive.

• Maggie
    Options

@Kreete K I am having the same issue as Yang.

• Kreete K
    Options

Hi @Maggie

Have you checked with our Support team already and it has been advised to be the exact issue related to IMAP connection and moving emails to the Trash folder or deleting directly? If not, I suggest checking with our Support team to understand if it is the same issue.

I will also add a thread where the previous explanation by Carlos can be found about this specific case: https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/comment/33397#Comment_33397

• Maggie
    Options

Yes! I've been on support team chats a few times about this issue and they said they would forward my concern on. They also suggested that I check out the Pipedrive Community to see if anyone had a work around.

• Yang
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

The same for me.

6 month and still the same crappy email feature that prevent my users to efficently use pipedrive.

Doesn't worth the money only for that (and now, they also stop the Chat mobile feature with a 15 days notice !!!). Unacceptable.

• WJ0247
    WJ0247 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

We had the same issue and if you go into your IOS email client, Settings/Mail/Accounts/Gmail and click Account and Advanced Settings, you have to set your deleted mailbox to Trash , and then change the Move Discarded Emails to Deleted Mailbox and not Archived. Since pipedrive only recognizes the Trash Folder, if you delete and it automatically moves to Archived, it bypasses the logic it is set up to use. Just made the change on our ipad/iphones and it is all working properly now. @Yang @Maggie @Josh Buesking

• Maggie
    Options

WJ0247 Do you have any recommendations for those of us who are NOT using an IOS mail client and are only using Gmail, for example?

• WJ0247
    WJ0247 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

if you are using the gmail app on your ipad or phone? When you swipe an email to get rid of it, it archives, not deletes it. so, in the search bubble, upper left menu dropdown/Settings/Inbox customizations/Mail Swipe Actions/ then switch right or left swipe to Trash not archive. Pipedrive isn't recognizing Archive bc it dumps that email in All Mail Folder, and it is set up to work with Trash.

• Maggie
    Options

Thanks, I still think the issue is more global than just archive and delete. If open an email in Gmail then it still looks unopened in Pipedrive, etc.