Issue with transferring data from Deal to Project - multiple option field type

KimV
KimV Member Posts: 10
Photogenic First Comment
edited January 2023 in Workflow Automation #1

I've created a workflow to create a new Project based on a specific template when a sales Deal is closed Won. I've also created some custom fields in Deals and matching custom fields in Projects (field name / field type / options). 

When the workflow triggers, the Project is created, but only some of the custom data field values transfer to the Project from the Deal.

I recognize that the custom field in Deals is not technically the SAME as the custom field in Projects, but I should be able to transfer that data across, regardless of field type. If there's a matching value in the target field, it should transfer. 

Has someone figured out how to make this work?

After speaking with support, I think it's a bug that needs to be addressed. I can't have my people wasting time re-entering data that has already been entered. 

Answers

• Leonardo Zimmermann
    Leonardo Zimmermann Pipedrive Team Posts: 89 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Answer 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Hey, @KimV!

This should only work for specific field types.

Custom text and numerical fields should work, but single/multiple option fields this should not work via automation because for those fields you have to select a specific value for those fields, and a replacement won't happen only because they have the same value.

I hope this helps.

• KimV
    Photogenic First Comment

Thank you for reading my question. Given your answer, my next question is ... what's the work around?

The point of having custom fields of any type and using the Project module is to get data from the sales team to the implementation team without having to enter it twice (or more, as the case may be).

• FreedomSuites
    FreedomSuites Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Did a workaround for this ever eventuate? I'm running into the same issue and given there are four fields I need to copy across, this is a lot of redundant data.

• No workaround as of today.

Should wait for API releases so that it can be done using Make/Integromat.

• KimV
    Photogenic First Comment

I'm not familiar with Make/Integromat, but it seems to me that we purchased a single solution. I realize it may not be that on the back end, but we shouldn't have to use a 3rd party API to transfer data from one module to another in the same application.