Is syncing certain fields across deals, people and/or organizations something you need?

Clinton Skakun
Clinton Skakun Member Posts: 7
Integration Partner
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

I started this integration for HubSpot (over there they are crazy over wanting a sync'ed field configuration feature). I don't know if this is a need in Pipedrive as well? Basically the idea is the following:

Change in Person source field -> syncs it to the Deal source field (so they both match).

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2

Interesting, thanks for sharing. What's the need of most customers as to why it needs to be in sync?

• Clinton Skakun
    Integration Partner
    edited February 2022 #3

The use case I've seen is that when creating deals, the salesperson wants to fill in some deal fields that exist in the person record. This is apparently a feature in Salesforce, and very asked for in HubSpot. Not sure if it's a common need in Pipedrive.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2020 #4

The use case I've seen is that when creating deals, the salesperson wants to fill in some deal fields that exist in the person record. This is apparently a feature in Salesforce, and very asked for in HubSpot. Not sure if it's a common need in Pipedrive.

Thanks for clarifying, curious to see if there's a need indeed!

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #5

Such a feature would be of value to our customers, who are mortgage brokers. It's absence causes a problem for us! 

It would apply to any business that receives referrals from third-party sources, and needs to provide feedback to those sources. It also applies to businesses who must often hire third-party service providers, who must also receive deal-level information. In other words, people intimately involved in a deal that are NOT the customer. 

At present, we (as Pipedrive partners) must create deal-level Custom Fields that are deliberate duplicates of information contained in person-level and organization-level records. 

In our specific case, this is most a problem because PD email templates at the deal level cannot access person-level data for persons other than the "primary" contact on the deal. Our duplicate custom-data fields exist only to allow 2nd-applicants, service-providers and referral-sources to be dynamically included in deal-level email templates. 

It is certainly inefficient that that we have to deliberately duplicate dozens of data fields to get around this problem. 

• Patie Graham
    Patie Graham Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #6

Yes, we need the fields to sync. Otherwise, we would have multiple entries for same business. 

• Clinton Skakun
    Integration Partner
    edited May 2020 #7

Such a feature would be of value to our customers, who are mortgage brokers. It's absence causes a problem for us! 

It would apply to any business that receives referrals from third-party sources, and needs to provide feedback to those sources. It also applies to businesses who must often hire third-party service providers, who must also receive deal-level information. In other words, people intimately involved in a deal that are NOT the customer. 

At present, we (as Pipedrive partners) must create deal-level Custom Fields that are deliberate duplicates of information contained in person-level and organization-level records. 

In our specific case, this is most a problem because PD email templates at the deal level cannot access person-level data for persons other than the "primary" contact on the deal. Our duplicate custom-data fields exist only to allow 2nd-applicants, service-providers and referral-sources to be dynamically included in deal-level email templates. 

It is certainly inefficient that that we have to deliberately duplicate dozens of data fields to get around this problem. 

Thanks for going into detail on this Joseph!

• Clinton Skakun
    Integration Partner
    edited May 2020 #8

Yes, we need the fields to sync. Otherwise, we would have multiple entries for same business. 

Patie, this seems to be the case for other users as well. Thanks for confirming this.

• Florent DE MAISONCELLE
    Florent DE MAISONCELLE Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2021 #9

Hello ! I'm trying to have a demo/ some advices to use deduply. Would it be possible to set an appointment on Teams that i can send you ? Could you tell me when you are available please ? 

florent.de-maisoncelle@setec.com

https://calendly.com/florent-de-maisoncelle-advizeo/15min 

Thanks a lot in advance, 

Ps : we are in France but fixe the time you want. 

regards,