Pipeline Visibility feature - soon available (in Q1 2023)!

Külli Kruusla
Külli Kruusla Pipedrive Team Posts: 27 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited March 2023 in What's New #1

Hi community members!

I know there is one topic that has gotten quite some feedback during the years in this community and this topic is pipeline visibility. Letting you know that this feature is expected to be rolled out to all during this quarter, in the upcoming months. :)

What to expect?

Introduction of pipeline access restriction in visibility group page. Restricting visibility group access to pipeline(s) and with that restricting access to the deals within those pipeline(s).

What are the most important changes?

• New and improved look and feel for the visibility groups page;
  • Added 1 additional visibility group to the Professional plan. From now on, Professional plan has 1 default group and 3 fully customisable groups;
  • Introduced pipeline visibility functionality inside visibility groups, which allows to restrict group access to pipelines, keeping in mind deals admin permission set users have always access to all pipelines and deals/leads;

A bit more information about pipeline visibility and visibility groups can be found in the Knowledge Base :)

Comments

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes

Love it 🙏

Excited to implement it !

• Daniel Jensen
    Daniel Jensen Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary First Comment

Hi there,

This is a great improvement, thanks for listening to the crowd! 😍

However, it would be absolutely fantastic if the pipeline visibility settings could be altered on a user-level and not only a group level. If you insist that it should be edited by group settings only, then I would suggest that each pipeline should have owners and followers. Thus, it would be possible to have a group setting that says that only owners and followers should be able to see and access the pipeline.

Hope this can be an option.

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes

Totally agree with @Daniel Jensen !

• Külli Kruusla

Hi Daniel and Lucas!

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Not sure if I understood everything the way you intended, but the current feature pretty much will work as you described Daniel. In essence, you can put one user to one visibility group and define the restriction for this user, but if you make it on a team level/group of users, then still the same applies:

• If a group of users are restricted from a pipeline B, they are not able to access that pipeline, become followers of the deals that are inside that pipeline and do not see any deals in that pipeline (even if the deal visibility setting is set to entire company). Therefore, the pipeline visibility acts as a first layer of check: only if a user has access to a pipeline, that user can see/follow deals and become owners of deals.
  • Daniel Jensen

Thanks for the response, Külli.

I don't have access to the pipeline visibility yet, but if I understand you correctly I can just make endless "pipeline visibility groups"? So in my case I will need one group for each agent, and I can just do that?

Correct me if I'm wrong :-)

• Külli Kruusla

If your need is that each agent is working on their own individual pipeline and should not have access to others pipelines, then yes, each agent can be in a separate visibility group and have the pipeline visibility set to the specific pipeline they need to access only. But that being said, the amount of visibility groups that you have within the account is dependent on the plan you are on. :)

• Daniel Jensen

Understood. And that was actually my point. We have a professional plan with 3 visibility groups available, but 15 agents who all needs individual visibility groups.

We are outsourcing sales, so obviously it needs to be restricted on an individual level. For others it might be the case as well that Sales Agent X needs access to Pipeline A and C, but not to B. But Sales Agent Y needs access to Pipeline A and B, but not C.

Thus, I would really recommend you to consider setting the pipeline visibility up on a user specific level. Becuase the feature is great, but we can't really use it to be honest.

• Bobby_37242
    Bobby_37242 Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

Next do, Custom Fields Visibility or Locking

;)

so we can trust the data in Pipedrive and put Insights to use, we don't want custom fields like "campaign source" to ever change.

@Külli Kruusla @Mike van der Valk

• Hi,

This is just the functionality our customers need. BUT as they have Advanced level licenses, this does not come available as there is only one Visibility Group. Change from Advanced to Professional would be 300 € / year / user - that is an awfully lot of money for many companies.

Could we have second Visibility Group for Advanced level users? This would be so great to serve a lot more companies with only one small addition and get a lot more happy Pipedrive-customers. (And when realising how good functionality this is, they might later see the need to upgrade..)

br,

-Outi-