Parent - Child Deal Automation

Support_1862
Support_1862 Member Posts: 15
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi Team,

We would like to see an option to Parent/Child deals with associated deals.
We have a main pipeline for Signups/Registration and once successfull they will have deals made for 8 quarters. It would be helpful, if we can link those deals together and automate to move to different stages in respective pipelines(we have same pipeline stages for all the quarterly pipelines), when the parent update it's stages. We use same Customer ID as a unique field for all the deals.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Mobin

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Support 

So what you're trying to do is set up some sort of subscription right?

Perhaps what's described here is a way easier solution to what you're trying to achieve: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006765278-Insights-reports-Recurring-revenue-#C1

If this is not helping let me know and we can see if we can get creative with the workflow automation 😊  

• Support_1862
    First Comment
    edited May 2020 #3

Hi @Support 

Perhaps what's described here is a way easier solution to what you're trying to achieve: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006765278-Insights-reports-Recurring-revenue-#C1

If this is not helping let me know and we can see if we can get creative with the workflow automation 😊  

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. This is not a subsciption plan. This is fuel rebate refunds, we do track them on quarterly pipelines and will have different amounts depending on their fuel purchases.

I believe automation would be the best option to have.

Regards,
    Mobin 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #4

Hi @Support 

Thanks for clarifying @Support

@Paulo do you perhaps have any genius idea for Mobin?

• Nathaniel Spencer
    Nathaniel Spencer Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #5

I second this - It would be great if you have one parent opportunity that is to be won, but its bid through many different companies.  Were in the construction world as a sub - and we bid a single project through 5 contractors, so tracking 5 jobs inflates the pipeline as its really only one opportunity for revenue. 

• Support_1862
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #6

@Mike van der Valk  Hope this still is in your consideration. Cheers!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #7

Hi @Support I've passed on your suggestion to our product team in the past and will highlight it again but at the moment it's not in the short term plans as there's other priorities for our development teams. Nonetheless, I'll be sure to highlight this request once more.

• Kristina Pilson
    Kristina Pilson Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2022 #8

Hi @Support 

@Mike van der Valk 

Hoping to bring this topic back to life - it would be great if there could be a hierarchy with deals. 

If we have one large deal (an IDIQ or a MAC) that will have separate TO's under it - we'd like to link them to the Parent (Primary) deal.

Example:

Stone & Son Suit Warehouse (Primary/Parent)

• Stone & Son Shoes (Child)
    • Stone & Son Formal (Child)

The deals would link back to the Parent (original award) but we could see & track them separately. 

• Dyno-Pest
    Dyno-Pest Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I would also like to throw my hat in the ring for this, a parent with child deals would be beneficial.

• CPAMD
    CPAMD Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I'll join this too. Our company has a similar structure to the construction tenders mentioned by someone else.

We're a business finance company, so for us a "Deal" (parent) is a customer needing a loan, but that deal will then have 1 or more children / sub-deals, for the applications we send to each lender.

eg for the loan we may send out 5 lender applications as part of the customer's loan requirement, but typically only 1 will go ahead. So creating 5 separate deals would skew all the stats.

We could also have a situation where more than 1 of those applications goes ahead (i.e. becomes a 'won' deal / sub-deal), so would ideally want that functionality too.

• Mark Smith
    Mark Smith Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Hello Team

Parent/child Deal

I think this is related to the thread. I want to be able to create a 'parent' Deal for an organisation which I can identify with an estimated Deal value. This value may well be made up of a few different options for which we've sent proposals, 'child'. Ultimately, I don't want to count all the different proposal values AND the parent value in my forecast as I'll be doubling up. Is there a way I can work this?

Many thanks in advance.