How to move Data centers to EU for Canadian account and Address

Options
Gaurav.ks
Gaurav.ks Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited January 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Half the support team needs to learn that this is possible, and no one is taking accountability for resolving this.

We are an accounting firm in Canada, and due to regulatory requirements, we have to have Non-USA or EU data centres for storing client data. I started the request in the second week of November and followed up more than five times without a resolution. So half of the support team needs to learn that it is possible.

Answers

• Gaurav.ks
    Gaurav.ks Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

We are an accounting firm in Canada, and due to regulatory requirements, we have to have Non-USA or EU data centres for storing client data. I started the request in the second week of November and followed up more than five times without a resolution. So half of the support team needs to learn that it is possible. I have an email from the account manager confirming that he has done this for other clients. But the account manager only responds for a week, or emails slip through the cracks, or he assumes that the matter is resolved since he requested with the development team. There is no responsibility or accountability or responsibility. They always dodge the bullet when asked about the deadline. The irony is that they sell CRM, and I have received the worst customer service my entire life. One thing they remembered and kept their promise on is charging my account for the past three months without providing service.

• Leonardo Zimmermann
    Leonardo Zimmermann Pipedrive Team Posts: 89 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Answer 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hey, @Gaurav.ks!

This is not a common request and there might be legal aspects involved in moving data over borders and storing them somewhere else. When checking on my side, I noticed that you have an active chat with our Support Team that is being handled by a member of our Management Team directly, who is investigating your request further.

While I understand you would like us to be ready to make this change upon request, please keep in mind that while we do our best to help with our users requests, when facing requests like this one we need to investigate further. That said, I can confirm that the manager in charge of this investigation is checking with our teams in order to confirm all the details involved in this process.

That said, my suggestion is to wait for updates on the active Support ticket you have with us.

Thank you!

• JeremiahSilas
    JeremiahSilas Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2023 #4
    Options

Here's a general overview of the process:

1. Choose a new data center location in the EU: You'll need to research and select a data center location that meets your specific needs, including factors like reliability, security, and cost. Some popular options in the EU include Dublin, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam.
    2. Plan the data migration: Once you've selected a new data center location, you'll need to plan the migration of your data from the old data center to the new one (I also follow this service for my site). This may involve working with your current data center provider to transfer the data or hiring a third-party migration service.