Can I take out from emails some data from signature?

Martin Pecha_2338
Martin Pecha_2338 Member Posts: 146
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I would like to assign titles from email signatures (in gmail) to contacts in pipedrive. Any experience?

I was thinking about mining them from some structure in which pipedrive stores related emails. Is possible to get this information from that? 

Thanks

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Martin Pecha !

We are currently running a beta version of a feature that allows you to do that from the web app itself, check it out here.

I did some extra investigation and unfortunately at the moment neither our Chrome Extension for Gmail nor Gmail Add-On have that ability, but I'm double-checking with the team to know if it's in our plans and will circle back to you as soon as I have news.

• Inês Batata
    edited May 2020 #3

Hi @Martin Pecha !

We are currently running a beta version of a feature that allows you to do that from the web app itself, check it out here.

I did some extra investigation and unfortunately at the moment neither our Chrome Extension for Gmail nor Gmail Add-On have that ability, but I'm double-checking with the team to know if it's in our plans and will circle back to you as soon as I have news.

@Martin Pecha I've just heard back from the team and at the moment it's not in our plans to extend this data extraction feature to the Chrome extension or the Gmail add-on. It will remain in the web app, though, check it out here.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #4

I think you can achieve this through Zapier

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited May 2020 #5

Hi @Martin Pecha !

@Inês Batata thank you, the beta is interesting, but I am interested in meta data - scenario, when I have a person already, but need additional info like job title

However, is not possible to extract this via API? If there is this beta version, the signature is definetely stored in pipedrive database so I could take it out then.

• Martin Pecha_2338
    edited May 2020 #6

I think you can achieve this through Zapier

I was not succesful finding this to make it retrospectively - on existing emails

• Inês Batata
    edited May 2020 #7

Hi @Martin Pecha !

@Martin Pecha I'm afraid it's not included in our API endpoints for the time being.