Bulk update needs the option to add to existing not just override.

Rebecca Sanders
Rebecca Sanders Member Posts: 12
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

The bulk update feature causes me issues because I can't add to existing, I can only over ride the existing. This is an issue for tagging additional information to a field that already has some values assigned.

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the feedback, that's a good idea to be able to bulk edit existing values

• Rebecca Sanders
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #3

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for the feedback, that's a good idea to be able to bulk edit existing values

Hey, any update on this suggestion? It's really causing limitations for our sales and marketing efforts.

• Rebecca Sanders
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #4

Hi Rebecca,

@David Lorbiecke Any updates? It's really causing so many issues for us.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #5

Hi Rebecca,

Hi @Rebecca Sanders 

There's no current update unfortunately, I'm sorry. I checked with the team and they have it in their backlog but there are currently other priorities for them.

I will do my best to convince them to move it up in the priority list. There is one workaround though, it isn't pretty but it works.

You could export all your data to a spreadsheet and make sure it included the ID's of the items in Pipedrive. You can then update the data in the spreadsheet and reimport this so that it has all the data you need. Again, not pretty but works. I'll continue to let the team know we need an easier way to do this. Check out this article for some tips on the import:

https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/208061095-How-can-I-update-my-Pipedrive-data-with-a-spreadsheet-

• Rebecca Sanders
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #6

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks @Mike van der Valk, yes I have multiple workarounds depending on the situation but it does affect our team daily. I anticipate in a few months, we will have so many variations in tagging that this would become such an issue that we would need to very seriously consider moving CRM's. This is how important this fix is to us successfully managing our customer data. Hope that helps to convince them.

Cheers

Bec 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #7

Hi Rebecca,

Hi @Rebecca Sanders 

I went to check with the developers after your message and they mentioned they are aware of the problem and are actually working on this now. It's a new way of editing in Pipedrive so is not done in a few days but definitely will take weeks, but good news, it's being addressed.

• Rebecca Sanders
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #8

Hi Rebecca,

Fabulous, we can hold down the fort in the meantime.

• Roel Schiefelbusch
    Roel Schiefelbusch Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021 #9

Hi Rebecca,

What is the status of this? It's been some weeks ;-)

• LukeB
    LukeB Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Is there an update on this please? It would be useful for many customers, I'm sure.

At the moment bulk editing over-writes what is already there... need an option to Add to, rather than simply over-writing

• thanks for good information my issue was resolved it.

• win10ac
    win10ac Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

issue solved Thanks. I was trouble 2 days to solve this problem thanks again.