Automations Webinar outstanding answers - 29th of March 2023
Thank you so much again for attending the webinar last week! Your feedback is crucial so that we improve and offer the best product for all of you.
As promised during the webinar, posting the answers to questions that we did not have time to take in live.
- Can I set up an automation to delete activities that are incomplete, say when a deal is marked lost? Currently this is not possible since automations work on a one to one basis. Meaning that in this scenario, 1 triggered deal can only affect 1 activity at a time. This need is something we're aware of and may research and prioritize in the future.
- "Will there soon be a way to build a decision tree? Like: ""If a condition is A or B, action A or B should start"""We have plans to work on "Split Conditions" this year. We are kicking off research on this topic to identify the different needs and which we'll focus on first.
- How to send an automated email from the deal's owner email or a specific assigned user email like (Relationship Manager) of a deal? Currently, the automated email is sent from the automation owner's synced email. We are working on enabling users to share automations in order to be able to easily share automations with other persons in the company and ensure that the email is sent from the correct person.
- How do I download a spread sheet of contacts so I can do a mass email campaign "You can get a list of contacts exported following the ""Exporting from the list view"" section here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/exporting-data-from-pipedrive. If you want to import contacts from an external spreadsheet and then make a mass email from the Contacts List, you can use the import tool https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/importing-data-into-pipedrive-with-spreadsheets https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/group-emailing"
- Can i add the trigger as when a deal enters a certain stage in the pipeline? e.g. create an activity when a deal is put into a specific stage in the pipeline"Yes, it is possible to set an automation for when a deal is updated. You can learn more about the Automations feature and how it works here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/workflow-automation
- Is there automations for WhatsApp? Currently, the Automations feature does not work with WhatsApp. We are aware of this need and it's something we may explore in the future.
- Can i set a date trigger to a number of Days before/after a date field, e.g. 10 days before date field" This is not currently possible, but "date triggers" are something we'll explore this year. We are kicking off research on this topic to identify the different needs and which we'll focus on first.
- Will it be possible soon to automate the double opt-in request email ("confirm your email adress")? This is super important for us EU customers :) This is not currently in our plans.
- What automations and metrics are available for mass prospecting emails that go out to 100s of prospects who are not at the deal stage yet? For mass prospecting emails you should use the Campaigns capability together with Automations. Learn more about it here
- How do i stop a deal from doing duplicate automations on the same deal. e.g. i have an automation that created 3 of the same activities" In order to prevent unintinded automations from being triggered it is crucial to configure condition steps that do not overlap between different automations. You can learn more about conditions and Automations here.
- Can I set a trigger as when a deal enters a specific stage in the pipeline? if not is there an alternative way to do it?" Yes, it is possible to set an automation for when a deal is updated. You can learn more about the Automations feature and how it works here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/workflow-automation
- Will automations be able to work like a Sales Engagement Platform? Some workflow that combines different mail activities and for examples linkedin tasks, calls, etc. This is our plans for further research this year.
- Is it possible to Auto Loose a deal after a set time e,g when a quote expires We plan to support date related use cases later this year. Currently it is possible to automatic loose deals after a certain time has passed and a acondition is met e.g. Quote expired = Yes. Learn more on how to use delays here.
- While you were doing the demo, I saw a webhook call in the automation. Where do I access that from my Pipedrive account? We are currently testing this functionality with a closed BETA group. It is not possible to access this functionality from your Pipedrive account at this time. Depending on the outcome of the BETA testing, we'll consider releasing this functionality to more customers.
- Will the maximum number of emails remain at 100? It is correct, while sending a group email you can do it to 100 contacts at a time. However, the number of times you can send out group emails in the batches of 100 is not limited.
- For us, sales steps are longer than a few days.Is there automation if nothing has been done for example 2 weeks! It is currently possible to use delays up to 90 days. You can set up an automation that everytime a deal is created > dealy 2 weeks > if deal stage is the same > create a follow up action. Learn more about delay steps here.
- Can the emails be set to automatically move to the next email in a certain timeframe and keep going to the next email until the pipeline is finished without having to move them manually? Yes, this is possible by using delays together with condition steps. e.g. Every time a deal is created > send email > delay 3 days > if stage is not X OR deal is open > send email > etc... Learn more about delay steps here.
- Is there a way to automate pre-demo emails as a reminder to prospects? We plan to support date related use cases later this year.
- Hello. Is it possible to send automatic messages by whatsapp when changing the stage of a deal within Pipedrive? Would you recommend any additional tools? Thanks so much! Currently whatsapp messages are not supported. It is our research backlog that we might consider to prioritise. You can use Zapier as an alternative.
- Can you speak about specific AI features you are working on? Will there be a gpt integration to write outreach message sequences for example? We are currently researching several possibilities of adding AI capabilities to the product. However, we cannot disclose more information for now.
- Follow up to my question, if the recipient replies to the auto email, could it be configured to end additional auto emails, and create a task to call? Currently this is not supported. However, coming next we are working on the capability to set up conditional paths that will make this use case possible. Keep tuned for updates in our community in the next months.
- I would like make a lead score in pipe drive like if client did 2 accounts auto come a hot lead or lead has same name auto telling me > and thanks We are currenlty working on a formula field capability that can support the need to create a score.
- It seems there a lot interest how to be able to stop a email sequence, could you show us? This can be done by adding a condition before the email. If the condition is false, then the automation stops.
- If you want to use the functionality that Nuno described will we need to be connected to our outlook email and calendar please? If you'd like to automate email sequences, you will need to sync your email with Pipedrive. You can learn more about automating sequences based on email conditions here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/automations-sequences-based-on-email-conditions And learn more about email sync here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/email-sync