Automations Webinar outstanding answers - 29th of March 2023

Nuno Oliveira
Nuno Oliveira Posts: 96 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited April 2023 in What's New #1

Thank you so much again for attending the webinar last week! Your feedback is crucial so that we improve and offer the best product for all of you.

As promised during the webinar, posting the answers to questions that we did not have time to take in live.

1. Can I set up an automation to delete activities that are incomplete, say when a deal is marked lost? Currently this is not possible since automations work on a one to one basis. Meaning that in this scenario, 1 triggered deal can only affect 1 activity at a time. This need is something we're aware of and may research and prioritize in the future. 
  2. "Will there soon be a way to build a decision tree? Like: ""If a condition is A or B, action A or B should start"""We have plans to work on "Split Conditions" this year. We are kicking off research on this topic to identify the different needs and which we'll focus on first. 
  3. How to send an automated email from the deal's owner email or a specific assigned user email like (Relationship Manager) of a deal? Currently, the automated email is sent from the automation owner's synced email. We are working on enabling users to share automations in order to be able to easily share automations with other persons in the company and ensure that the email is sent from the correct person.
  4. How do I download a spread sheet of contacts so I can do a mass email campaign "You can get a list of contacts exported following the ""Exporting from the list view"" section here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/exporting-data-from-pipedrive. If you want to import contacts from an external spreadsheet and then make a mass email from the Contacts List, you can use the import tool https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/importing-data-into-pipedrive-with-spreadsheets https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/group-emailing"
  5. Can i add the trigger as when a deal enters a certain stage in the pipeline? e.g. create an activity when a deal is put into a specific stage in the pipeline"Yes, it is possible to set an automation for when a deal is updated. You can learn more about the Automations feature and how it works here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/workflow-automation 
  6. Is there automations for WhatsApp? Currently, the Automations feature does not work with WhatsApp. We are aware of this need and it's something we may explore in the future.
  7. Can i set a date trigger to a number of Days before/after a date field, e.g. 10 days before date field" This is not currently possible, but "date triggers" are something we'll explore this year. We are kicking off research on this topic to identify the different needs and which we'll focus on first.
  8. Will it be possible soon to automate the double opt-in request email ("confirm your email adress")? This is super important for us EU customers :) This is not currently in our plans.
  9. What automations and metrics are available for mass prospecting emails that go out to 100s of prospects who are not at the deal stage yet? For mass prospecting emails you should use the Campaigns capability together with Automations. Learn more about it here
  10. How do i stop a deal from doing duplicate automations on the same deal. e.g. i have an automation that created 3 of the same activities" In order to prevent unintinded automations from being triggered it is crucial to configure condition steps that do not overlap between different automations. You can learn more about conditions and Automations here.
  11. Can I set a trigger as when a deal enters a specific stage in the pipeline? if not is there an alternative way to do it?" Yes, it is possible to set an automation for when a deal is updated. You can learn more about the Automations feature and how it works here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/workflow-automation 
  12. Will automations be able to work like a Sales Engagement Platform? Some workflow that combines different mail activities and for examples linkedin tasks, calls, etc. This is our plans for further research this year.
  13. Is it possible to Auto Loose a deal after a set time e,g when a quote expires We plan to support date related use cases later this year. Currently it is possible to automatic loose deals after a certain time has passed and a acondition is met  e.g. Quote expired = Yes. Learn more on how to use delays here. 
  14. While you were doing the demo, I saw a webhook call in the automation. Where do I access that from my Pipedrive account? We are currently testing this functionality with a closed BETA group. It is not possible to access this functionality from your Pipedrive account at this time. Depending on the outcome of the BETA testing, we'll consider releasing this functionality to more customers.
  15. Will the maximum number of emails remain at 100? It is correct, while sending a group email you can do it to 100 contacts at a time. However, the number of times you can send out group emails in the batches of 100 is not limited. 
  16. For us, sales steps are longer than a few days.Is there automation if nothing has been done for example 2 weeks! It is currently possible to use delays up to 90 days. You can set up an automation that everytime a deal is created > dealy 2 weeks > if deal stage is the same > create a follow up action. Learn more about delay steps here.
  17. Can the emails be set to automatically move to the next email in a certain timeframe and keep going to the next email until the pipeline is finished without having to move them manually? Yes, this is possible by using delays together with condition steps. e.g. Every time a deal is created > send email > delay 3 days > if stage is not X OR deal is open > send email > etc... Learn more about delay steps here.
  18. Is there a way to automate pre-demo emails as a reminder to prospects? We plan to support date related use cases later this year.
  19. Hello. Is it possible to send automatic messages by whatsapp when changing the stage of a deal within Pipedrive? Would you recommend any additional tools? Thanks so much! Currently whatsapp messages are not supported. It is our research backlog that we might consider to prioritise. You can use Zapier as an alternative.
  20. Can you speak about specific AI features you are working on? Will there be a gpt integration to write outreach message sequences for example? We are currently researching several possibilities of adding AI capabilities to the product. However, we cannot disclose more information for now.
  21. Follow up to my question, if the recipient replies to the auto email, could it be configured to end additional auto emails, and create a task to call? Currently this is not supported. However, coming next we are working on the capability to set up conditional paths that will make this use case possible. Keep tuned for updates in our community in the next months.
  22. I would like make a lead score in pipe drive like if client did 2 accounts auto come a hot lead or lead has same name auto telling me > and thanks We are currenlty working on a formula field capability that can support the need to create a score.
  23. It seems there a lot interest how to be able to stop a email sequence, could you show us? This can be done by adding a condition before the email. If the condition is false, then the automation stops.
  24. If you want to use the functionality that Nuno described will we need to be connected to our outlook email and calendar please? If you'd like to automate email sequences, you will need to sync your email with Pipedrive. You can learn more about automating sequences based on email conditions here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/automations-sequences-based-on-email-conditions And learn more about email sync here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/email-sync 

Comments

• Nuno Oliveira

(continued)

1. When will the web hook call be rolled out to all users? We are currently testing this functionality with a closed BETA group. Depending on the outcome of the BETA testing, we'll consider releasing this functionality to more customers. There isn't a timeline yet defined for when this feature will be available.
    2. A number of features, such as mandatory fields can be bypassed by using the mobile app. Can this be fixed? Yes, support of Required and Important fields is in works. Available in Q2.
    3. Is it possible to auto send a email address that is in a custom field This is not currently supported. However it is captured in our backlog for further prioririsation.
    4. If a person changes companies, is there a better way than creating a new contact of that person under the new company, to keep the information with each company? Right now the assigend data from this Person will change over to the new company if you change the contact over to a new company. It's better to create a new Person under the other Company manually, otherwise if you copy the Person manually the information might be irrelevant, because it's from previous company.
    5. Can we change the deal values of Win/Lose to something else? Id like to customize those since I don’t like win lost language. "We do have specific ""Lost reasons"" that can be configured to your liking, but the general Win/Lose categories are static. https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/lost-reasons"
    6. Will there soon be an AdminUser that does not need to be created as a standalone user? We have admin permission sets that can be assigned to users as needed. But all the admin rights are always connected to specific users. Currently, we do not have in the plan to introduce a user type that should not be connected to a specific user. 
    7. Can day delays be restricted to business days? (Monday-Friday). So that Saturday and Sunday don't count in the delay? When adding a delay step in the workflow, you have the option to tick a checkbox to "skip weekends". Note that the total time allocated to delays in your automation cannot surpass 90 days and when you choose the option to skip weekends, the weekend days will still count toward the 90-day limit.
    8. Is it possible that open and click notifications are not accurate? I've noticed some discrepancies lately. Unfortunately, you might experience some discrepancies with the email opened tracking, as its reliability is heavily dependent on the email provider of the  recipient and the tracking precentative settings of individual accounts. However, the link opened tracking is very reliable and discrepancies are very rare to none. 
    9. How can I send out automatically an email reminder before a sheduled webinar We plan to support date related use cases later this year.
    10. So "Campaigns" is not needed any more to automate emails? Campaigns should be used for mass email use cases.
    11. While you were doing the demo, I saw a webhook call in the automation. Where do I access that from my Pipedrive account? We are currently testing this functionality with a closed BETA group. It is not possible to access this functionality from your Pipedrive account at this time. Depending on the outcome of the BETA testing, we'll consider releasing this functionality to more customers.
    12. Can the automatic assignment be used to assign a user to a deal if it's entered a certain stage without affecting the original deal owner? Ex. Assign a Relationship Manager to a deal's custom field. Automatic Assignment will allow you to define rules to assign new leads or deals to specific users or distribute them within a team, as well as reassign deals that have moved to a new pipeline or stage to a specific user or distribute them within a team. The deal owner will be reassigned. It is not currently possible to keep both the original deal owner and assign a new owner. We've noted this down as feedback we may explore in the future.
    13. Could you tell me what is an 'email template lead' in creating an automation? I don't know, what to write there, thank you. If I understood correctly, this question is regarding the email template that is selected when setting up the automation. You can learn more about how to set up email templates here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/email-templates 
    14. Which is the correct form to export data , edit and then import that data , in a excel? There's no particular differences in formats for export-edit-import operation. Whatever format you choose to export to, can be edited in a spreadsheet software and imported back in Pipedrive as long as you're working with CSV, XLS or XLSX files
    15. Will there be a way to automate a response to an order placed and processed via xero? Currently, the Automations feature does not work with the Xero integration available in our marketplace or with external apps. The need to set up automations based on triggers from and actions to external apps is something we're aware of and may research and prioritize in the future. 
    16. Is there a way to set an automation to NOT do the action if a certain condition This can be done by adding a condition before the email. If the condition is false, then the automation stops.
    17. Sometimes when I look to see if someone has opened a document it has been ticked but I know that it was me that opened it and not the actual customer? how does this work? For privacy reasons we do not track any personally identifiable information when someone opens a document. That means that whenever the document link is opened, and cookies have been accepted in the web browser, we will count that as a view.
  • Nuno Oliveira

(continued)

1. Can you sync with Apollo. Currently this is not supported.
    2. Does Automation transfer mean that one persons automations can be copied to another colleagues? And if yes, when is this going to be possible? When transferring an automation, it will move from one person's account to another's. You are able to duplicate an automation and could transfer the duplicate if you'd like to keep the automation enabled for both accounts. We plan to release this functionality during Q2. Keep an eye on the Community for updates!
    3. I use a few of these, can you automatically loose a deal when a quote expires The Automations feature does not currently work with the Smart Docs feature so it is not possible to automate losing a deal based on the outcome of sales documents such as quotes. If, for example, you are creating quotes in a separate feature and capturing the expiry date in a custom field - it is not possible to set an automation based on a date. We are currently researching the various needs for "date triggers" to define what functionality we'll prioritize and hopefully work on this year. 
    4. Can the automated campaign be repeated twice every six months or any other period? We plan to support date related use cases later this year.
    5. Email Lead sequence: no engagment delete the contact. What if I want to stop it and engag later in the year - do mean delete as in remove gone? This can be done by adding a condition before the email. If the condition is false, then the automation stops.
    6. Does the lead sequence include emails and calls, a mix? Yes, all automations actions can be mixed in the sequence. Learn more about Automations here.
    7. Eu consigo fazer um follow up, enviando email automatico para clientes de acordo com etapas que estão avançando? Yes, it is possible to send automatic emails to customers based on the deal stage. Learn more here.
    8. When will the webhook be available? can we participate on the test? We are currently testing this functionality with a closed BETA group. Depending on the outcome of the BETA testing, we'll consider releasing this functionality to more customers. There isn't a timeline yet defined for when this feature will be available.
    9. For the email automation assume you need to be connected to your email i.e. Outlook? That's correct. Automated emails are sent from the email that is synced with your Pipedrive account. You can learn more about automating sequences based on email conditions here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/automations-sequences-based-on-email-conditions And learn more about email sync here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/email-sync 
    10. How did you arrange the delay = 3 days? You can learn more about how to set up delays in automations here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/workflow-automations-delay-feature 
    11. Do you need to be connected to the calendar for the functionality to work? I am totally new to automation If your question is in reference to automating activities, you'll need to use calendar sync if you'd like to activities to be reflected on your calendar as well. However, it is not required. You can learn more about how to use Automations here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/workflow-automation and learn more about Calendar Sync here: https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/calendar-sync

Hope these answers were helpful, if you need to follow up on anything, please feel free to post in comments :).

• I will try to address some outstanding issues with Pipedrive automation and suggest workaround solutions.

Deleting outstanding activities for deals marked lost

A solution using Make/Integromat is outlined in this blueprint: Delete outstanding activities

Branching logic/decision tree

Make/Integromat is the perfect platform for a solution like this.

N8N and Craftar (still early days) are 2 other platforms that offer a solution like this.

Exporting data from Pipedrive

I would suggest considering Coupler or Flatly to build a data pipeline.

You can read more about building a data pipeline for Pipedrive in this article.

Setting up automation on Deal Stage change

You can do this with the current Pipedrive capabilities.

• Trigger: Deal Updated
    • Condition: Deal Pipeline Stage has changed to XYZ
    • Action: Create activity

Options for WhatsApp Integration

Check out this article for available apps for WhatsApp Integration.

Date-based Triggers/Automating pre-demo emails

This is again possible with a combination of Make/Integromat and Filters in Pipedrive.

Double opt-in email confirmations

The fact that this is not even on the roadmap is a little concerning.

Please explore these tools to manage your email marketing: KlaviyoMailmodoOutfunnelMailerLiteSendinbluedripKlenty, Woodpecker, MoosendAWeberOmnisendCakemail.

Mass emailing

Please see my response to #8 above.

Automation as a Sales Engagement Platform

I hear Surfe has plans along these lines.

Automatic WhatsApp Messages

Check out this article for available apps for WhatsApp Integration.

AI Features in Pipedrive

Try using tools like Bardeen in the meantime.

Lead Scoring

You could do this using Make/Integromat or Outfunnel.

Sync with Apollo

This should be possible with Zapier or Make/Integromat.

You can also try to accomplish this using a Chrome Extension like Bardeen’s.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Resources: Pipedrive Training Videos | 50+ Pipedrive Add-ons | Pipedrive Consulting | Pipedrive Automation Examples