New: Email Labels 🗂

Manuel Oliveira
Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
edited June 2023 in What's New #1

What: you can now further plan and organize your emails by adding, editing and deleting tags from your emails in your Pipedrive email inbox

When: rolling out to all companies now, with full availability planned by June 2023

You can learn about this feature in our Knowledge Base article.

Comments

• Mimi Morada
    Mimi Morada Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Can these labels be used on automations?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,007 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment

Hi all, right now there are no plans to sync labels from Gmail / Microsoft 365, or use email labels with automations. But our team has noted this feedback for research in a future update.

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 153
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

It would be great if we could sync labels from Gmail / Microsoft etc.

• bharatjain
    bharatjain Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

Yeah this label feature is really useful. I'm using this for my client to setup all the applications from our latest high ticket funnel.

• bharatjain
    bharatjain Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

Yes you can. I tried it with zapier and it's working amazingly.

• mathi96
    mathi96 Member Posts: 12
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper

Kind of useless to have labels without automations? Otherwise we are just stuck again, with manual procedures and processes wich is not working.

If such labels could be used together with automations, based on related deals etc. then it would be a game-changer.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 171
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment First Answer

Needs to be able to be set at the contact level so all emails are labeled.

Also needs automation.

Mainly selecting label's is about useless unless I'm missing something here.

• Juraj Wertlen
    Juraj Wertlen Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

1 line - most important.

BTW: WHEN WILL BE THIS FEATURE AVAILABLE ?

• Tamara Bezljudova
    Tamara Bezljudova Pipedrive Team Posts: 11 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

Hi! Thank you so much for the feedback, this is the first iteration of the labels functionality in Pipedrive email to help you organise your inbox better. Our team has noted the feedback about automating labels and we are exploring how to make it happen best. Due to our team currently working on building the multiple email account sync feature, updates on labels functionality would most likely not happen this year.

If you have any more feedback regarding labels, please do continue sharing it, we are taking it into consideration and it really helps us to make the feature better for you. Thank you for understanding!

• janusask
    janusask Member Posts: 5

@Tamara Bezljudova - I am very interested in the multiple email account sync feature. I know you are working on it - and I look very much forward to meet that feature :-D

Do you have any tentative documentation or descriptions I can look at, while I wait? And perhaps you even have a roadmap?

Thanks in advance.

• lazarovska
    lazarovska Member Posts: 4

@Tamara Bezljudova is this available yet? how can I access it, it's not visible in my account yet. thanks!

• This is great but where has the button to move to the next email gone?

Before this update, you could be within an email, and move up or down to the previous or next email, now I have to come out and find the next email to read. I have several email accounts linked so it can be a pain the further down the inbox I go.

This might seem like a small petty detail but it was really useful.

• Andreia Costa
    Andreia Costa Pipedrive Team Posts: 127 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment First Answer 5 Likes First Anniversary

Hey @Catherine Fotheringham 👋

That's an excellent point, we've reached out internally to the team that handled the Email Label feature and they informed us that they are aware of this behavior and are in the process of adding those arrows back.

I don't have an ETA for you, but they are working on this. If you need the arrows right now more than the email label feature, please reach out to our support team and they can revert the change, but hopefully it won't be too long!

• Simon P
    Simon P Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

good to hear this! yes, i need the arrows more than email label. i'll reach out, good to hear its being addressed

• SMG
    SMG Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

How about we have 2-way email sync first? The email client in Pipedrive is unusable at the moment as it only syncs one way. If you delete an email in Gmail, it doesn't delete it from the Pipedrive side. I have given up on the Pipedrive email because of this.

• David Picard
    David Picard Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

It would be great to chose a default label for a specif person if this person is a specific project or deal. At least having the ability to edit in bulk

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

I see that if two Pipedrive users are sharing an inbox (i.e. we both sync the same address to our accounts), then if I add a label to an email, the other person can't see this label.

This makes it difficult to manage a shared inbox (e.g. help@) as the labels I add don't show up for the other person.

• Christine
    Christine Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

This is great! It would work better if you didn't have to go into the email to add a label and could just select from the inbox then add label. Also would be great if we could see the labels from the inbox.

• MBrown
    MBrown Member Posts: 29
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

To be honest, syncing labels to Outlook would be a lot more value to me, otherwise I won't even use the labels.

• David Picard

If the goal of utilizing CRM is to maximize efficiency, then spending time on manual data entry or bulk editing can be a significant waste of time.

• Joop Harrems
    Joop Harrems Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I agree very much with this last comment. Also, syncing email should go both ways, back and forth from Gmail, outlook etc.

• David Picard

@Andreia Costa I'm following up on this subject. In the future, could we bulk edit labels and create an automation to do so when our emails arrive? Also, removing them is just one by one! This wastes our time, and CRM should be able to save us time! :)

• Joop Harrems
    Joop Harrems Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

You are so right on this! I've mentioned this already a couple of times but Pipedrive hasn't picked it up sofar.

Clear to see that handling your emails saves lots of time.