Projects Add-On: current state of things and future

Options
2»

Comments

• Audrey
    Audrey Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

If you want to leverage the new Project API without needing to write any code, check out these integrations here at relay.app: https://www.relay.app/blog/integrations-with-the-new-pipedrive-projects-api

Get started for free!

• David Štefanko
    David Štefanko Member Posts: 19
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Hi @Vlad Deripasko, Project fields are not part of the API. Is it coming, or we should not count on it?

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 178
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Yes unfortunate not seeing project fields part of the API. Still a great step in functionality.

• Billy Rickman - Director
    Options

@Vlad Deripasko I honestly don't know why you would abandon this. It is 90% there and as others have mentioned, when not having this available in Pipedrive, you leave the door open for people to jump ship to other CRM's like hubspot. This is desperately needed inside Pipedrive and I can't imagine theres that much more there to do to get this right.

As @Audrey mentioned, you just need:

1. Task notifications - including notifying people if a task has been updated or changed
    2. Project template lock down (to ensure no one can accidentally delete pre-defined steps and miss anything)
    3. Ability for users to 'follow' a project (like you can in deals)
    4. A 'Gantt' view

But also in addition:

1. Ability to add notes on a task to communicate with colleagues
    2. re-order sub-tasks once they have been updated
    3. Dependencies so that the dates of tasks are automatically updated depending on the completion of another task

As far as I can tell after using this quite extensively, if you get this right, you have a pretty solid project management tool.

• David Štefanko
    David Štefanko Member Posts: 19
    Options

@Billy Rickman - Director, thanks for the input, I can second that.

I would add that custom fields should have same functions like they do in deals, orgs and persons:

• possibility to select which board it will be shown on
    • possibility to group them
    • available calculated fields

Btw, @Josh Buesking, we realised custom fields are part of API, just not in standalone section, but inside project GET, PUT, POST calls:

• Josh Buesking
    Options

@David Štefanko thanks, hadn't tried to implement anything yet and just browsed the documentation briefly.

Projects really doesn't bring anything new that managing another pipeline does other than templates and tasks that you can't get notified by anyway.

• FH1504
    FH1504 Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@David ŠtefankoTo my opinion, Deals work fine fine as simple projets (which they are...). A few adjustments would be needed though (being able to customize the side-bar for instance).

That is the way I use the Deals for :

_ Pre-qualification

_ Deals

_ Internal projects

_ The services I sell (simple projects for my clients)

Of course, it is definitely not a solution for real project management (with GANTT and thighter tasks and ressource management). But for my need, it is sufficient.

Note that Nimble has taken this option, with 2 concepts: workflows (that have the same structure as a deal) and Deals. It is pretty well implemented.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

@Vlad Deripasko You guys are truly playing games at Pipedrive HQ. I've never seen such a derelict group of developers. I have no idea what you guys are smoking over there but the community has spoken and it is beyond clear we want projects. People have commented multiple times on multiple threads about what they want and need from you guys and you actively ignore us! further development of Projects is the only logical way to go if you're serious about making this app more successful for all of your current customers and beyond. I also think it's a very weak excuse to say you're focusing more on the CRM when most of the core CRM features work fine and having fully integrated projects would only further support that goal. Almost all agencies need some form of basic project management. You guys are right there, so close to having a perfect app and you continually give up on the most obvious objectives no matter how simple they are to execute. Something is fishy about this company. I don't know what's going on but I suspect many users will leave the platform soon if your guys keep up this sort of mentality and behavior. 😡👎

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,102 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    5 Likes First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi @Frank Filippelli ; thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your passion for Pipedrive and your feedback on the importance of the Projects add-on development.

Currently, we’re prioritizing development on the core CRM features that our customers have most requested, and we’re committed to maintaining the quality of existing features. This means that active development of new features for the Projects add-on is outside our immediate roadmap for 2024.

However, all user feedback regarding this add-on is crucial, and we’ll continue to send it to our product team for future consideration.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

@Manuel Oliveira thanks for the response but you’re not saying much we all haven’t heard many times before. These responses are weak and soulless. How about you guys actually put out a real public timeline for production development to put us all at ease. If we have an idea of when things are planned for, no matter how far in the future, it makes it much easier for us to plan as well. We’re all trying to run businesses here that heavily depend on apps like yours. I’m sure you’ve been overwhelmed with all the development you guys are working on but it’s irresponsible to leave us in the dark like this. We need more transparency from you guys!

• Gauth_ref
    Gauth_ref Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Bonjour @Vlad Deripasko , Sad to see that you place no importance on improving the Projects module. But a question arises: what's the point of being named as the Head of the Projects module if you're not working on it? Just another fancy title for ultimately not much...

• Niels Przybilla
    Niels Przybilla Member Posts: 16
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

I understand that pipedrive does not like the projects module :-(

But it least do what is there a little bit user friendly ...

Like when you write an email from a project you have to click to open email. There is no other possibility then clicking

• Josh Buesking
    Options

Vlad hasn't been active here since the middle of November.

High probability he isn't a real person going by no sign of his name associated with pipedrive with a quick google search. Hence no actual project manager.

My gripe is I waited 2 years for this and shelved the idea of integrating with a another solution knowing that a pipedrive solution was in the making. Only for it to be 80% completed and dropped.

• John Stewart
    John Stewart Member Posts: 10
    Options

@Vlad Deripasko stick to your guns.

Pipedrive has done well by focusing on its core - it's a real, actual CRM, not just a bunch of CRM features bolted onto an existing marketing or project management platform. There are serious flaws in stepping out of your core expertise like Salesforce and HubSpot have done. You guys have done really well with it, so as long as it supports rich integration with best-of-class project / task management platforms like Asana, you're good.

I never expected project management features to appear in Pipedrive, and I was initially elated until I discovered it's not on the app, so I'm disappointed in the half implementation. I'd delay it until you can commit to at least rolling out the critical functionality across all devices, and as soon as there's something to Beta test I'll volunteer. Better yet, before you resume development on Projects, share with us and ask us for feedback on the intended design before you spend those development dollars, so that it incorporates best of class features according to actual project managers in various industries. Maybe you've done that and I've just missed the boat, but that way, Pipedrive isn't stepping out of their core area of expertise, but instead expanding it to include project management.

• Niels Przybilla
    Options

There was a beta phase . I was part of it and it was a good experience @Mike van der Valk did a great job during this time

• Niels Przybilla
    Options

@Josh Buesking i suppose even Pipedrive failed to see the whole scope of what would be nescessary in a pm tool.

or draw the fine line about what is essential and not …

but for example the app is a must in my view.

• Niels Przybilla
    Options

At least we see here in the community by only some reactions that the demand for the pm tool seems to be very low

• John Stewart
    John Stewart Member Posts: 10
    Options

@Niels Przybilla I wouldn't want product development to conclude that the demand is low judging from this community; demand is very high outside of this community for any B2B/B2C business with a long or complex sales cycle, especially for services, and they're adopting task management and project management systems like Monday, Asana and ClickUp. There's an increasing demand for 1) integrations with Pipedrive and, unfortunately, 2) increased functionality in the CRM space on these platforms in an attempt to compete with Pipedrive.

Our company has to pivot to Asana because the project features in PD just aren't there yet. The app is the deal breaker for a lot of businesses.

• Frank Filippelli
    Options

@Vlad Deripasko I along with many other pipedrive users enjoyed the projects add-on. But unfortunately we all feel betrayed by pipedrive for the way they are handling the projects feature. There is no mobile support whatsoever and the team has made it quite clear in this community forum that they have no interest in working on the projects app. So why should we be expected to pay for something that pipedrive does not want to take seriously or work on at all. It's incredibly insulting to be treated this way as a good paying customer. But now, not only are we cancelling projects but we are also in the process of looking for a pipedrive replacement in general (maybe Plutio app). Because we are not at all happy with the way pipedrive actively ignores it's community. We like the app a lot but that's a big deal breaker for our team. When we pay over $120/month for a service that others provide for $50/month or less, we expect to be listened to and have our input strongly considered 😡