Xero sunsetting

Options
donald14
donald14 Member Posts: 5
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
edited August 2023 in Apps and Integrations #1

Why is Pipedrive ending it's Xero integration?

Why is it giving such short notice?

They are offering an alternative to link to Xero called "Make", another third party risk for your data.

It has been an integral part of Pipedrive for me, and I am really quite annoyed at the way it can just be withdrawn without an apology.

Answers

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2023 #2
    Options

Hi @donald14, we appreciate your feedback and understand your frustration. I’ve made sure to relay it internally to the responsible team.

This decision was made due to a change in Xero’s partner program, and although the current integration will no longer be supported, you can still connect Pipedrive to Xero via these alternatives, some of which you mentioned above:

• Make, a no-code integration platform that helps you automate tasks between different applications. You can find more information in our Marketplace here. Currently and for a limited time only, users can sign-up to Make (Make Pro plan) with 3 months for free > Xero connection via Make Marketplace listing.
    • Zapier, via a Professional Zapier plan.

More to your point, you mentioned "third party risk for your data". Would you like to add some more on what your concerns are about this?

• donald14
    Options

I feel this is contrary to Pipedrive's mission which is "to support sales and marketing teams with easy-to-use, powerful tools that make everyday work faster and easier."

Ines, is Xero dropping Pipedrive, or is Pipedrive dropping Xero?

Now for the paying customers here's your choice on top of the Pipedrive cost :

Zapier professional plan £39 pm

Or

Make Pro $16 pm

Small businesses really don't have time to reconfigure everything, that why we have Pipedrive to save time!

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I used the integration a year ago but found it not very customizable.

I do believe Xero increased there costs recently for company's like pipedrive that have more than 25 users. I'm not sure on the details.

I've already been using Make for lots of other things so I built my own automations that are tailored more to my specific needs, mainly I generate a quotes instead of invoices.

• David Gurr (Make.com)
    Options

Hi Donald.

Just to respond to your points on data security and on pricing:

• Make takes data security extremely seriously - all data in transit is encrypted and security credentials are encrypted and unavailable even to Make employees. You can read more on our security policies here.
    • At the end of the 3-month free Pro plan, if your needs are met by a lower plan you can switch to the Core plan at $9 pm or (if your volumes are even more modest) the Free plan. Full pricing details available here.
  • donald14
    Options

David, thank you for your reply.

I accept your points about data security, but with serious data breaches reported every day, you have to be aware of possibilities.

Ultimately I am likely to use your product.

• David Gurr (Make.com)
    Options

Your concern is perfectly understandable.

Just to set things in context, Make has over 100,000 active customer organizations relying on the platform on a regular basis.

If you have any other questions on Make I'm more than happy to answer!

• Josh Buesking
    Options

Make is a great product and once you learn the basics you'll be amazed what all you can do.

Two plus years of use and I have had very little issues.

• Juho Koski
    Juho Koski Member Posts: 46
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hello,

Both Make and Zapier are good for this task. I just wanted to showcase this example with xero and just a button in Pipedrive:

• WPR-SJM
    WPR-SJM Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I have also been left very frustrated with this disconnection.

The integration instructions that were sent out were incorrect, so what I thought I had set up and ready to go, was not set up at all.

I have been a Pipedrive user since 2017 or 2018 they have always made great changes. I realize not every change can benefit everyone but I do feel that we were misled about how this integration would work and not prepared enough from Pipedrive on the steps to take to make it work for their users. I lost all my data from Xero in Pipedrive because of a misleading "how to" video that Pipedrive supplied. During the past 3 days, I went through hours of chat, I was given the excuse to reach out to Make and that PD could do nothing for me. Could they not walk through my integration to make sure it was set up correctly? The support used to be much better but now I feel like you are forced to figure everything out yourself. The last person I spoke with finally admitted the language in the email was misleading but that the video explanation to set up Make was to show how simple it can be to use. At the end of the conversation, they recommended I reach out to a software engineer as it can be difficult to set up the integration on my own. 😡 WTH!!!

Not only did I lose 1 week of invoicing capabilities and will not be collecting any payments for 2 weeks, my team now has to do everything the long way and enter all contacts manually into XERO along with all their information.

I have been tempted to switch to other CRM platforms before but always stayed with PD and sang its praises. Really disappointed with how this was handled and now I am seriously considering other platforms.

• Josh Buesking
    edited August 2023 #11
    Options

Xero integration was always buggy for me and I gave up on it early on.

That being said the way things have been going the last couple months with the UI change of moving things out of the header, adding the focus section, projects being dropped, caller, filters… I think it’s safe to say some cost cutting has been decided and the future is bleak.

I’m sure price increases are just around the corner.

• David Gurr (Make.com)
    Options

@WPR-SJM I'm sorry to hear your experience hasn't been smooth.

Anyone having issues in connecting Pipedrive and Xero with Make is welcome to to reach out to the Make Community where there's a wealth of Make and Pipedrive users, partners and staff willing to help, or to contact Make Support directly.

Alternatively, feel free to reach me here.

• WPR-SJM
    Options

@David Gurr (Make.com) Thanks for your response and advice. I did check in with the Make resources however their application is just beyond my comprehension and I would end up spending several more hours trying to figure out how to use it. I have decided that my best option is to seek a professional on Upwork to help me get this set up. I need someone to literally walk me through all the steps to get it set up. If that is something you provide please let me know.

• David Gurr (Make.com)
    David Gurr (Make.com) Member Posts: 65
    5 Likes First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2023 #14
    Options

@WPR-SJM the complexity depends largely on your specific use-cases and exactly what you want to achieve in integrating the two systems.

If you're able to share details of your use-cases you could do that on the Make Community or privately with me here by DM and someone (or me) can advise.

If you do need more intensive help from an expert, we have a number of joint Make and Pipedrive service partners worldwide who have proven expertise in implementation.

• Juho Koski
    Juho Koski Member Posts: 46
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hey, Just book a call with me and I can most probably do a first draft of the desired Xero integration during the call for you. Please just book 30min with me here: https://zimplepartneraccount.pipedrive.com/scheduler/GkbXQBhO/puoli-tuntia. I can show you how to make this happen with e.g. Pipedrive, OneClick and Make or Zapier.

BR Juho zimple.io

• WPR-SJM
    Options

Thanks @Juho Koski Will do.