Custom Field Reporting from Organizations

Options
Terry J
Terry J Member Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Can someone help me understand why custom fields can't be reported on in Organizations? I would have thought this was a really basic function.... custom fields can be reported on from other areas such as leads, deals, etc so why not organisations?

Answers

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Options

Hi @Terry J

Yes, this is a really frustrating component of Insights reporting. We’ve been told the feature is coming later this year, but that’s all the info we know for now. We recommend creating filters using the custom Organization fields where the data isn’t available in Insights.

This tutorial will help you get started with customizing your filters. 

Please feel free to reach out if you would like additional support.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Pipedrive for Beginners | Pipedrive Integrations

• Yvo
    Yvo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Is this still in the planning? Also missing this and it is the only reason I upgraded to Pro...

Thanks.

- Yvo

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

@Yvo this is still planned, but improvements to Insights will probably come slowly.

Depending on what data you're looking to report on, you can create automations to pop this Org level data into Deals and then create the reports at the Deal level (where Insights reporting is much better). You can make the Deal field "hidden" by selecting that it's not visible in any pipelines and then the automation somewhat "silently" runs just so that you're able to create these reports.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

@Terry J and @Yvo I would suggest considering building a data pipeline using Coupler. You can then visualize the data from Google Sheets using Tableau or Looker Studio, or even Google Sheets. You can read more about building a data pipeline for Pipedrive in this article.

• Daniel L
    Daniel L Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

I'm brand new to Pipedrive so don't fully understand what you've said, but this is one of the key features we are looking for - i.e. reporting on custom organisation fields - would the same apply to reporting on custom people data fields in Pipedrive? If we can get this to work we can move fully into Pipedrive and away from our previous CRM system which would be amazing.

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Hi @Daniel L welcome to Pipedrive! I hope you learn to love it as much as I do :).

When you're talking about reporting, do you mean Insight Reporting (e.g. https://YOURDOMAIN.pipedrive.com/progress/insights) or filters https://youtu.be/mRChbJ3Kzmc. You can use Person and Org fields in Deal Filter reports, no problem, which is great for a lot of things.

You cannot yet create Insight Reports using custom Person or Org fields. This is a frustrating limitation, but it doesn't have to be a deal breaker. The workaround is to "copy" the Person / Org data that you need for reporting onto the Deal. If this is a handful of fields, it's really doable.

If you would like additional support, feel free to reach out.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Pipedrive for Beginners | Pipedrive Integrations

• koburo
    koburo Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I am commenting only for the purpose of adding one more company to the list of clients requesting this. It is essential for me to be able to create dashboards also on the Organizations that we have in Pipedrive, via the creation of Reports using the custom fields of our Organizations.

This is an incredibly frustrating limitation. I use the filter>export workaround, but most it should most definitely be added.

• Daniel L
    Daniel L Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Thank you Liz - so I guess we can't use custom fields for reports on orgs/people NOT linked to Deals? I guess Pipedrive is pretty deal-centric in it's universe?

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Options

Yep, that's it @Daniel L