Why is Pipedrive Campaigns so bad?

Options

Here is my issue:

• When I connect a form with an automated campaign, it will send the email just once to whoever fills the form, if the person fills the form again and submits it, he/she will not get another email, pipedrive blocks it saying "repetitive campaign"
  • The worst part about this is there is no way the person will know this, there is no alert that mentions "already registered", there is no notification that will be sent saying "already registered", it will be just left to their own imagination. They will never know if they are getting an email or not.
  • This is even worst for our use case as we are giving "downloadable files" after the form is filled. so if they miss the email or it gets buried under other emails, no matter how many times they fill the form again they will not receive any emails with the files. This looks really bad on us as a brand.

Note: We are using the webform tool of Pipedrive

Tagged:

Answers

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Campaigns is completely half-baked in my opinion. Single optin you need to resort to an api hack to get Marketing Consent set to subscribed automatically. And double optin forces you to manually click a button to send the double optin email. It's not fit for purpose I'm afraid.

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

What really bugs me about Campaigns is that it's so obviously been released half-baked at the behest of the VC funds or private equity or whoever has invested in PD. You can just imagine them telling Pipedrive "hey guys, you gotta increase your customer average order value". It's an utterly cynical product release which has no business being released in the form it's in. Essentially like releasing a car with no steering wheel.

Apart from that it's great.

P.S. The above is said as someone who thinks PD really is great in many ways. Just not campaigns.