Customisable navigation: Seeking feedback regarding company-wide configurations

Options
Maris Palopääl
Maris Palopääl Pipedrive Team Posts: 9 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
edited December 2023 in Research and Beta Testing #1

Hello,

In light of the recent release of our customisable navigation feature, we've received numerous positive comments and some requests to enable company-wide setups. To gain a clearer understanding, I'd like to ask the following:

1. How many of you would be interested in having the option to customise the left sidebar for your entire company, meaning that specific items are configured uniformly for all users in the company?
  2. Would you prefer to allow users to personalize their navigation even after you've established company-wide settings, or would you prefer to restrict their ability to make changes?

Please share your responses in this thread. Your feedback is highly valued!

Best regards,

Maris

Comments

• Sean Allison
    Sean Allison Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Maris,

Great questions.

1. I would very much like this
    2. Restrict ability to make changes

Most users are not power users. So in a corporate setting, I'd want to be able to control their setup.

Perhaps a "middling" power user permission to enable certain users ability to make some changes.

Sean

• Alex Stueber
    Alex Stueber Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Both options are very important.

Some companies let users to personalised their CRM spaces, others want to have every single user to have the same view as others so it's very important to allow only an admin to manage that in this case.

• eleanor_freetobook
    eleanor_freetobook Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited September 2023 #4
    Options

For me, allowing the users in our company to personalise is better as each person is handling different tasks - for example I have added Automations to my menu but my colleagues wouldn't add it to theirs. I can see that other companies may prefer to lock down though.

• Graham Cox
    Graham Cox Member Posts: 157
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

I'd like both options to give maximum flexibility. Company wide and individual settings that can override company wide. But with the admin controlling if individual is on or not.

• Pipedrive User 164
    Options

It would be nice to have the option to customize it for others and it would also be ok if they were able to change it afterword. But I don't see it as critical.

• Blueprint.Inc
    Blueprint.Inc Member Posts: 13
    5 Up Votes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

We also would like enable company-wide and to restrict any changes to admins. Thanks!

• Maris Palopääl
    Maris Palopääl Pipedrive Team Posts: 9 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    Options

Thank you all for your feedback! We will take this into account when we start working on custom navigation with admin rights.

• Emma Melling
    Emma Melling Member Posts: 21
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

I would rather be able to set a default that users start with - or maybe users in each team starts with, but allow each usr to customise theirs based on their role. Or detech which areas they are spending most time in an auto put those one on the menu?

• WLC 365 CORP
    WLC 365 CORP Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options
    1. Yes
    2. and YES!

It avoids confusion and sets up the navigation to only what is important to them.

• PipedriveExperts.com
    Options

As a Pipedrive partner, I confirm that both these capabilities would be valuable.

I would like to be able to set up the entire Company for a client in a particular way.

Ideally the ability to later change the navigation setup should be restricted to designated users using permissions... but if that is too much, then yes, I would vote to allow any user to change their own navigation setup.

These efforts would indeed be worthwhile.

Joseph Valenti

• Amanda Witz
    Amanda Witz Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2023 #12
    Options

I'm having this issue with the new Manage access to automations feature. I can't have to go ask every employee to turn on different automations.

NEVER MIND. I Figured it out! Please disregard.

• Elise Brown
    Elise Brown Member Posts: 13
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

I would prefer to have different users have different views. Thanks for asking

• Spacedude
    Spacedude Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi Maris,

Sounds great.

1. We would prefer this
    2. Restrict ability to make changes

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Options

Uniformly for all users in the company - perhaps with a switch to leat individuals (like Admin) customize don't their own, but not likely needed. There must be one company-wide practise everyone follows, if not a the manuals has to be personalized as well :)

• anthonyr
    anthonyr Member Posts: 11
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

Yes, please. It is rough in remote situations trying to walk an employee through something if their screen is different from another. It may also be very helpful to set the layout by user role, that way sales reps can have one role billing reps can have another and managers can have another, etc.

• Harj Gadhvi
    Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

It would be great to be able to customize the Add Records view