Having Trouble With Lead Automation

Options
SEO Advantage
SEO Advantage Member Posts: 1
Photogenic First Anniversary

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to set up an automation for my team.

In its current state, after a lead is pushed into Pipedrive, we have an activity automatically created for the assignee to contact the lead.

What I'm trying to do is set up another activity to contact the lead again after 1 day if the lead is still a lead and not a deal.

I'm not sure what I'm missing, but if anyone knows how to do this please let me know!

Answers

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Options

Hi @SEO Advantage

I'm a huge fan of using Workflow Automations to streamline the whole sales process. While Pipedrive is continuing to develop the automations, the options available for Leads are not quite as robust as the ones available for Deals. As they stand right now, you likely won’t be able to build the automation you’re looking for (unless you use a tool like Zapier).

I recommend that rather than using the Leads Inbox, you instead create a stage in your Pipeline called Lead. So a new lead will actually be a Deal in the Lead stage.

Then, you can use Workflow Automation to create the condition:

1. When xxx activity is marked as done
    2. Delay 1 day
    3. If the Deal is still open and in the Leads stage
    4. Create the next follow up activity

This video provides a demonstration of how to build this type of automation.

Please feel free to reach out if you would like additional support.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Pipedrive for Beginners | Pipedrive Integrations

• Peter Higgs
    Peter Higgs Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Options

@Liz (Ops Designed) Will this work if the lead is in the lead queue rather than in deals? If so what is the condition called to define whether the lead is still in leads and not deals, all I can see are the options if it changes a deal stage.

Also when you try to add an activity to a lead in the lead queue through Pipedrive automation it will add it to the contact rather than the lead, any ideas on why this is?

This discussion has been closed.