Search by Pipedrive ID

Leandro de la Torriente
Leandro de la Torriente Member Posts: 9
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

It would be great if we could jump directly to a deal based off of it's ID number instead of having to change it in the URL.  We use the ID# for our quotes and when someone gives me a quote number it would be awesome to be able to jump right to it.

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,540
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited May 2022 #2

Would love this too.

As a workaround, I would create a URL custom field, and populate this field with the deal/quote URL-prefix+ Deal ID using automation. This works in theory, but need to see if it works in practice. :)

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2022 #3

Hi @Leandro de la Torriente , thank you for your feedback!

I'd like to understand your idea a little better: how would you envision jumping straight into the deal? That is to say, where in PIpedrive would you be previously and where would you go/click to reach that deal immediately?

• Sam Karim
    Sam Karim Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #4

all ID fields should be searchable. Deals, people, activities and products. We use deal id as job number and Need to update the deal and add the job number to the name before its searchable. It would be nice not to have to do that.

• Leandro de la Torriente
    Leandro de la Torriente Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #5

I'd like to understand your idea a little better: how would you envision jumping straight into the deal? That is to say, where in PIpedrive would you be previously and where would you go/click to reach that deal immediately?

The easiest place would be in the searchbox.  For example I could input "2095" and have the deal come up or add the Pipedrive ID to the list of filter fields below.  In this example "2095" would pull up "company.pipedrive.com/deal/2095"  Make sense?

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2022 #6

Thank you @Leandro de la Torriente , this does help us understand your suggestion better!

• Lesley Bull
    Lesley Bull Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #7
    Sam Karim said:

all ID fields should be searchable. Deals, people, activities and products. We use deal id as job number and Need to update the deal and add the job number to the name before its searchable. It would be nice not to have to do that.

As an admin user, this is my #1 annoyance about Pipedrive! why can't you search by DealID!!

• Jeffrey M Brooks
    Jeffrey M Brooks Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #8

Agreed.   Having a "serial number" be auto generated that can be searched on would be great...

• Jeffrey M Brooks
    Jeffrey M Brooks Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #9

Agreed.   Having a "serial number" be auto generated that can be searched on would be great...

• J.D.
    J.D. Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #10

Has anyone heard of an update that will allow searching by deal id? This was 9 months ago it was originally posted. This topic came up in our company meeting yesterday. It would make our flow better.

• Paweł Kopeć
    Paweł Kopeć Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #11

Hi Pipedrive

In our company we are using Pipedrive for selling and for service. I'm handling the service section. We also using the Templates for creating documents which confirms the device is received for service. This document is numbered according to Deal ID number. This is also the RMA number for service. It would be great if we can type 4-digit number to quickly find the service case.

The document Templates are working great! We are starting to use more and more tools included in Pipedrive. Searching with Deal ID would be great for our workflow. Please consider that in next upgrades of Pipedrive.

Cheers!

• Art Team
    Art Team Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #12

Has this feature been added? 

• Bakus Admin
    Bakus Admin Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #13

Hey everyone, this is also a way of searching deals that would be of great value to us!

Would be great if that'd be considered to be implemented.

Cheers

• Oktay Khodjasteh
    Oktay Khodjasteh Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2022 #14

PLEASEEEEEEEE i`m using pipedrive for years and i would LOVE to see this options for the searchbar!!

PIPEDRIVE PLEASE do something about it.

• Bill Steele
    Bill Steele Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

2022 is winding down, still looking for this...