[CLOSED] New Contact detail views (Person & Organization) [Beta]

Options
Rene H
Rene H Pipedrive Team Posts: 22 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
edited November 2023 in Research and Beta Testing #1

Ahoy! 👋

We're working on updating the current Person and Organization detail views, which we'll start releasing publicly later in the year, but if you're interested in getting it already sooner and sharing your feedback, let us know by filling in your Pipedrive sign in email into this form: Google Forms for Contact Detail Views [Beta]. (link removed as Beta is closed)

We'll start enabling it for first Beta users during November.

What to expect?

• More modern look and feel
  • Design and layout aligned to new Deal detail view layout
  • Separate scrolling for sidebar and main content area
  • The possibility to expand/collapse individual sidebar panels or entire History of Focus section in the main content area - hide the distractions and focus on what matters most to you
  • A new Summary panel on top of the sidebar that captures the most important info/fields about the Contact
  • Update the sidebar panel visibility and sequence from the gear icon on top of the sidebar - the option that already existed previously, but with an entrypoint that was not so visible for many users
  • Many many other smaller tweaks and improvements

NB! When opting in to the Beta, the new view will be enabled for all users in your company, not just for you

How to leave feedback

The best option for leaving feedback is right here in this community thread - this way we can easily follow up with you to discuss questions and requests in more detail and other users can pitch in and "+1" topics that you have brought up.

How to opt out

If something is really broken or you want to get back to the previous version, just let us know in this thread and we'll disable it for your company.

Alternatively you can also request it from Support

---

Thank you for taking part of the Beta, looking forward to all your feedback!

Tagged:

Comments

• PipedriveExperts.com
    Options

Good day,

May I request access to this Beta for the following accounts of my own?

joe@brokrbindr.com

joe@PipedriveExperts.com

Thank you for the opportunity!

Joseph Valenti

514-500-0411

• Rene H
    Options

Hi everyone 👋

As promised, we're starting to enable the new Contact detail views from today, so looking forward to all your feedback in this thread.

As you know, there's a higher level of risk with Beta software, so if you do end up in a situation where you'd need to roll back to previous version, please just let us know in this thread or reach out to our support team and mention that they'd need to disable the "contact_details_v2" feature for your company.

• PipedriveExperts.com
    Options

Good day René. May I ask to please comment as to what is new/different? The changes may be a little subtle, and I am not sure which version I am currently seeing.

• Rene H
    Options

Hi Joseph

Sure thing - you can see the list of main changes in my original post above ("What to expect" section).

But just for reference, posting a before and after of a Person detail view:

Standard Contact Detail view:

New Contact Detail view:

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

The new summary seems a little locked (and always on top). How do I either alter it or hide it completely?

• PipedriveExperts.com
    Options

Thank you. This is very helpful.

The tweaks to the main right-side panel are modest.. change of indentation among them. I like that element of the design. I really like the "History" as an option drop-down. Customer often don't need to see all that transaction information... until they do need it!

Certainly the most important change is the Summary in the upper left. That seems perfectly natural...

"why was it not always this way"?

If I don't have Mr Einstein's phone number, surely I will be motivated to collect that important bit of sales information.

I do have the new version my account. I also appreciate the "Settings" icon which allows me to select the items I wish to see. Very handy! I also appreciate the information at the lower-left (date-created and date-updated)

As an experienced PD reseller, I wish I had more insightful constructive criticism to offer... but I cannot think of a single thing I would change. I love it!

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

And it seems by grouped fields are ungrouped?

I have just tried sending mails from a contact person.

1) mail was not default set to be to the specific person (but to no person at all)

2) problems saving drafts

• Rene H
    edited October 2023 #9
    Options

Thank you for the feedback Janus and Joseph, really appreciate it!

Regarding "Summary" panel - yes currently it's always on top, as the idea of it is that this will include your most important details. So for now you can collapse this panel (by clicking on "Summary") if you don't find it useful. In the future we're also planning to make the contents of Summary configurable, but I don't have exact timeline for it yet.

Email recipient not being pre-populated - thank you, sounds like a bug, we'll look into it

Problems saving drafts - yes I can reproduce the issue, it's a bug, we'll follow up with email team and hopefully get it resolved soon

Fields grouping - good catch, we're investigating and should get resolved soon

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

Goodmorning.

Bug with the mail functionality is still there. That means that I can't write mails for contacts. Bothe due to the annoying fact, that I have to put in contacts mail myself, and draft mails can't be saved. The draft mail issue is the complete showstopper, since mails can't be written (a constant popup in chrome shows up) and actual "send" is not working.

Until issue is fixed I would like to opt out of beta (and return once fixed). In current beta I am missing one of the most important features.

Looking forward to return to beta

• Rene H
    Options

Thanks Janus, really appreciate the feedback. We've disabled it for you for now.

We'll work on fixing the mentioned issues, shouldn't take too long and then hope to get you back for round two :)

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

No doubt I am back once email-issue is fixed! It is just to much a loss not being able to send mails :-D

Looking forward to hear from you

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Options

@Rene H Have applied in the form and looking forward to beta. But don't enable al my companies, just the main company with same name as email address domain please :)

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

@Rene H - good news on the issue sending mails, saving drafts and prefilling recipients adress?

• DavidS
    DavidS Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

With the beta enabled, the ability to use Smart Contact Data has disappeared for a contact, but still exists for Organizations.

Is this something that will be re-added?

• Erik
    Erik Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Now with the new deal layout all the notes are automatically collapsed, which at least in my company's case, makes the daily work with Pipedrive much more difficult. Due to this new change whenever we open a deal and go through the deal's history, each note (= generally what has been discussed with the client or other important information) must be clicked open to see the content of it. Before this, just with a quick glance, you could remind yourself with the next steps.

I do somewhat understand the reasoning behind this but is there any way to determine or revert that written notes inside the deal would not be compressed but open instead?

• Rene H
    Options

Hello everyone and thank you for all the feedback!

By now a number of these issues should be resolved:

• Sending email and saving drafts should be resolved
    • Smart Contact data is back
    • Field grouping feature should now work correctly

There's still one larger known issue that our engineers are working on - Marketplace apps are not showing up correctly on sidebar yet. I'll post an update once this gets resolved.

Erik to answer your question about notes grouping - the idea behind it was to make the History section more compact and easy to scan over, but we'll discuss your feedback with our designers.

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

Hi @Rene H

Sounds nice. I am more than willing to return to the new contacts look, as long as it is possible to go back to the current. Is that possible?

Best regards

Janus

• Rene H
    Options

Hi Janus, yes you can still revert if you hit any major issues, just keep us posted :)

I've enabled it again for your company.

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

Hi @Rene H

Just discovered that if I click a draft mail when it is placed under the focus section, there is no recipient on that mail despite having a recipient on the original mail.

I can't find campaigns activity on persons - that used to be part of their history.

• DavidS
    DavidS Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Hello,

I am also seeing a bug when you add a new contact to an organization from the Organization page where the organization isn't auto-filled when creating the new contact

• Pipedrive User 164
    Options

@Rene H

Pipedrive really needs to figure out how to maintain peoples specific sidebar organization and active modules when applying updates. I'm thankful that I am not managing this system for 10's or hundreds of people in an organization to see that when an updated is applied it changes everyones configuration.

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

@Rene H - new bug. When you click on a deal attached to a contact (both organization and person) there is a bug (page not found). After refresh deal is reached.

• Rene H
    Options

Thank you for the report Janus - does it happen consistently? We were trying to reproduce with engineers earlier today, but didn't mange to.

Pipedrive user 164 - could you clarify, did you have issues with some marketplace apps not showing up on sidebar (this should be fixed as of few days ago) or some other issue?

• Pipedrive User 164
    Options

@Rene H

Not a problem with market place apps disappearing that I know of. I operate with some of the sidebar items turned off because to me they are just clutter and I don't need them. Additionally I had them ordered from top to bottom differently than default. When a pipedrive rolls out an update it seems to turn on all the sidebar modules and set them to the default order rather than maintaining the current configuration.

• Rene H
    Options

Thank you for the additional info! We're looking into this issue.

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

@Rene H - when you use templates, fields are not filled automatically, but has to be updated through the drop down menu

• Rene H
    Options

Thank you Janus, we managed to reproduce!

(This turned out to be not related to Contact detail views, but recent email composer changes that were just released - Email team is tackling this issue and should also be fixed soon).

• Janus Askø Madsen
    Options

GREAT - thanks. Do you have anything to do with the combined inbox / +1 email accounts? I love the option. I am very curious to know when automations based on specific mail accounts is possible (selecting a "from" account). Would you know anything about that?

• Bjørn-Henning Opheim
    Options

I would like to opt in on this beta also. Does it matter if I am using Norwegian language?

• Rene H
    Options

Hi Janus! I've asked about it from email team, will get back to you :)

Hi Bjørn - that shouldn't be a problem. I'll enable it for your company in a few moments.