Mandatory Fields - Feedback on Current Implementation

Jan Visser_342
Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
First Comment
edited April 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Just a couple of items of feedback for the implementation of mandatory fields.

First off, thanks for building this. It is an essential part of a functional CRM.

A couple of things I noticed:

1. The help balloon says: 

Required fields - When adding deals or moving deals between stages in a pipeline, the user must fill in empty required fields.

This doesn't work like that at this moment. While you can add required custom fields for deals and indicate which pipeline they should apply to, you can not select individual stages yet. The important fields section does allow you to do it - so I am hoping this is the direction we're going with mandatory field.

2. One thing I don't understand, maybe I am missing the logic here, is why if I create a custom field for deals and make it required, it now automatically also is added to the "add new" card for person and organization and I cannot uncheck it.  For instance, if I add "industry" as a mandatory field for object organization, why does it now show "industry" in the deal card when I add a new deal? 

It creates a correlation that doesn't exist and adds clutter. Please allow that determination to be made by an administrator

3. Required custom fields are not yet supported in Products. 

4. Much requested - add the capability of setting visibility settings for fields. Many use cases available, not the least that you do not want everyone to see everything (ie a sales rep shouldn't shouldn't see financial values in custom fields)

5. Please also expand with the ability to lock fields. As an example - changing an address for a lead is something the person having access should do. Changing the shipping address of an existing client regular users shouldn't be able to touch and edit.

FWIW.

Jan

Tagged:

Answers

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited April 2022 #2

Some great points! 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #3

Wow @Jan Visser as always great suggestions! 🚀  
    I can tell you the stage setting like in important fields is something in the plans. For the rest I'm going to make sure our product manager sees your comments so this helps him plan the next steps of this area. 

Thanks for sharing again!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #4

Updating on this post to let you know that Required Fields are now selectable by individual pipeline stage - see more here

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #5

Updating on this post to let you know that Required Fields are now selectable by individual pipeline stage - see more here

Thanks!