Pre-fill a field (text, number, monetary)

Options
Andri
Andri Member Posts: 6
5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
edited October 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi!

We have a request to be able to pre-fill fields on demand. I.e. there is a fee, or a clause that we always want to be a certain way so that it would reduce time spent on creating a deal as the value is set, let's say at $500. Now, there can be exceptions, so then the field can be edited for, say, $450. But, until this field is edited, it should always be as the pre-filled value when setting up the field. I have a feeling that this might help a lot of users (us, definitely) to save some time filling the data fields for the deals/leads.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Andri

This is something that you can easily do within Workflow Automation. I am an advocate for reducing the amount of manual data entry needed, so I include automations like this for my clients.

Here is what the automation would look like to automatically populate the Deal Value when a Deal is created.

You could also take it a step further and introduce conditions if you have some consistent parameters for your Deals. So, for example, if the Deal Source is Website, then the Deal Value is $500. 

Please feel free to reach out if you would like additional support.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Pipedrive for Beginners | Pipedrive Integrations

Answers