Looking for a way to integrate Google Ads and Pipedrive in order to use conversion value bidding

Options

The current situation is my client uses Pipedrive to manually record leads and deals. We're looking to move this along to be fully automated from their website forms.

I believe that currently, they are using some kind of WordPress form. My understanding is that in order to build the connection required in Zapier, we'd need the GCLID to be recorded from within the form submission - my first question is: is this only possible using Pipedrive's form solutions?

My second question would then be, if we switch to Pipedrive forms then are these forms fully adaptable to the same look and feel of the current lead form and website as a whole?

We ultimately need a solution where 1) Pipedrive leads are recorded as conversions in Google Ads (and attributed correctly) and 2) If and when those leads convert, the conversion value information is pulled into and updated in Google Ads (scenario being: we want to optimise for leads/conversions of a higher value).

Apologies as my area of expertise is Google Ads, so this is slightly on the peripheral of my territory. Any advice on the most cost-effective and reliable way of achieving this would be hugely helpful.

Answers

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited October 2023 #2
    Options

It would be much more on-brand to design a custom form and send the data via a webhook.

• vikingsdigital
    vikingsdigital Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

I'm not really tech-savvy like this so have no idea how to go about it?

• pilot-ben
    pilot-ben Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Hi,

This is possible via wordpress forms. What you need to do is store the gclid in a cookie and then push that cookie value into a hidden field. If that sounds complicated, it isn't as hard as it sounds. I wrote up a post explaining how to do it with Google Tag Manager and Gravity Forms:

Read the post first, and here are some additional instructions specific to grabbing the gclid:

First, add your hidden field for GCLID on your website. In the field settings, add utmgclid as the value that will autofill in Gravity forms (or whatever plugin you're using). Make a note of the field input ID.

Add a line to your script in GTM to grab the value from the already existing variable in GTM, JS - gclid. See example script below. Be sure to match the ElementById to the input ID you saved above.

Example gtm script to push the values into hidden fields:

<script>

if(document.getElementById("input_1_11")){

document.getElementById("input_1_11").value = "{{JS - GA Campaign}}";

document.getElementById("input_1_12").value = "{{JS - GA Medium}}";

document.getElementById("input_1_13").value = "{{JS - GA Source}}";

document.getElementById("input_1_14").value = "{{JS - gclid}}";

}

</script>