Improvements Urgently Required!

Options

We have now been on the new deal format for a few weeks now and we are finding it less than satisfactory for our business needs. The new layout and system is costing us time and money due to features that are no longer available.

1. We have our emails integrated with PD, so everytime we send an email it attaches to the contact card and the deal - fine. But this makes it very very difficult to find deals as there is a siege of backwards and forwards emails in there. I would like to request a drop down feature for emails - the same as 'Focus' and 'History' so it keeps emails together.

2. The same for deals - to keep it tidy.

3. Auto-population - we write a lot of the same information into deals - at the moment, there is no prompt for auto populating this information and for every single deal we have to manually write the information in. This is extremely time consuming and leaves massive room for error.

4. Drag and dropping files onto the contact card/deals. Previously we could hover the file over the note box and it would automatically attach - now we have to click 'file' before we can drop the files.

5. Enter key - i cannot tell you the absolute heartache it is that you cannot press enter to save a field, It is absolutely insane that this feature isn't on the deals anymore. Every single field has to be clicked with a mouse and for every field we do this - its 2 seconds, for every field we complete it 10seconds - 10 seconds per client over the day. The idea of the platform was to save us money, not cost more. In a day and age where we are trying to streamline everything to make it as easy as possible, this feature not being an option is ludacris.

6. My staff in this respect are clicking 'cancel' a lot as cancel appears before 'save'. This leaves a massive room for error when doing things at speed.

I sincerely hope these recommendations are passed onto someone as i cannot explain the detrimental affect this new update is causing for my business.

Any help graciously accepted.

1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Hi @Sharon_69510

I can definitely see that some of these items on your wishlist would be great updates! I do have a couple of suggestions which may help.

Regarding #3 Auto-population - You can create a workaround in Workflow Automation. I am advocate for reducing the amount of manual data entry needed, so I include automations like this for my clients.

For example, here is an example of what the automation would look like to automatically populate the Deal Value when a Deal is created.

You could go a step further and introduce conditions as well. 

Regarding #5 Enter key and #6 One recommendation is to use Jotform or a similar tool to enter Deals into Pipedrive or to update them later. Here are some videos that cover what that could look like:

How to Integrate Pipedrive and Jotform using Zapier - https://youtu.be/KnUjOxHEQ6s

Collect Customer Information and Update Pipedrive Automatically with their Response (Jotform) - https://youtu.be/KplxhBnd7_Y

Please feel free to reach out if you would like additional support.

- Liz

Schedule a Working Session | Getting Started with Pipedrive | Pipedrive Integrations

• Rene H
    Rene H Pipedrive Team Posts: 22 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    Options

Hi Sharon 👋

You'll be happy to hear that "enter to save" will be there next week.

There will be some differences based on field type, but for more basic cases like short text, long text, numeric and monetary fields, this should get rid of the nuisance of clicking the button each and every time.

For some context, we did have a reason for current behaviour, notably some non-latin keyboards (i.e. when typing in Japanese) reserve enter key for creating the character (kanji) from different keypresses and therefore saving on enter press had unexpected consequences for those users. But we have a workaround for those use cases now, so we can offer "enter to save" by default.

• Jonathan Gennick
    Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Sharon_69510 , I have felt your pain a few times on this one:

"My staff in this respect are clicking 'cancel' a lot as cancel appears before 'save'."

A little bit too much coffee, and I've deleted instead of saved. LOL. It's the worst when I do that after typing in a long note.