If someone opts-out on your Pipedrive newsletter, automatically opting in again isn't possible.

Options
Jaap
Jaap Member Posts: 5
First Comment

Sadly I found out it's not possible for someone to overwrite their own opt-out with an opt-in.

I'll frame the issue here.

Someone (she) subscribes on our newsletter, but isn't a customer. Then unsubscribes 4 months later. Afterwards, let's say 1 month after unsubscribing, she becomes a customer through our website (Pipedrive form) AND selects an opt-in, which (normally) sets off a couple of automated campaigns. She receives confirmation and follow-up mails through Pipedrive, all automated.

The case now is: she won't receive anything at all, even if she actively wants to receive information and selects an opt-in.

The only solution there is at this moment, is a double opt-in. Which you can only send manually and individually. And you have to check every new record, which is very inefficiënt. Even if you could do this automated, it's still not ideal because you want to sent information immediatly after someone proactively opts-in again.

FYI: we've got a +- 5k adience newsletter and +-1000 clients/users, growing a lot lately. All our communications come from Pipedrive campaigns or automated campaigns.

What could be a solution here that isn't a big time-consuming-work-around? I'm afraid this will cost us sales in the future.

Answers

• Toni
    Toni Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Jaap, we are facing the same challenge. However, we already have a problem one step earlier. How is it possible to send an automated campaign after an opt-in confirmation? I have created a campaign that is triggered by changing the marketing status to "subscribed". Unfortunately, the campaign only works if I change the marketing status manually and not through the opt-in confirmation.

• Jaap
    First Comment
    Options

Hey Toni, thanks for your answer. I think a solution could perhaps be: starting an automation when a new person is being added in your system. It automatically checks if there's an opt-in or not to my knowledge.

I think your automation now starts when a record is being changed, instead of added. It's the first step of your automation!

• Toni
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Jaap, Thank you for your answer! I tried it, and started an automation when a new person is being added. As a "immediate condition" I said "marketing status is confirmed". The problem is, that the automation stops because "Contact didn’t have the marketing status “Subscribed”." what makes sense. What would you add as an immediate condition? Sorry for the perhaps stupid question.

• Jaap
    First Comment
    Options

Hey Toni, there are no stupid questions!

Do you use a Pipedrive form? Because in our system, people get loaded in with their opt-in subscribed if they marked that checkbox when for example downloading something from our website. If you're adding people yourself, there is obviously no active opt-in.

If you add people yourself, you have to select the option "double opt-in", so they get an e-mail to confirm they want automated emails from you. If you set the automation-start on getting an opt-in when any record is being changed, it should work.

So: when people don't have an opt-in when they get into your system, it makes sense the automation won't start. It should start when asking a double opt-in and starting the automation with 'changing' a record.

• Toni
    First Comment
    Options

Hey Jaap, Yes, we are using Pipedrive form. Which checkbox do you use for loading in people with opt-in subscribed? That's also a option for us.

The feedback of Pipedrive for adding people by ourself was that it's not possible to start an automation triggered by a change in the marketing status because of an opt-in confirmation.

• Jaap
    First Comment
    Options

You can add the opt-in checkbox in 'webforms' (lead-section), by clicking on 'Contact' and 'Marketingstatus'.

I would go for that option!

• Toni
    First Comment
    Options

Hey Jaap, Thank you, that helped me so much!

I hope you get on with your original problem quickly.