Organization Custom Filter: Organizations with (0) deals in X Pipeline

Options
Jeffrey Farrick
Jeffrey Farrick Member Posts: 4
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

The current custom filter system in PipeDrive does not enable you to find organizations that do not currently have deals within a certain Pipeline. For example, If I want to see a list of all organizations with no deals in "Pipeline A", I'd create a filter such as this: 

The issue is this filter will only filter an organization out of my list if it only has (1) deal [total] and that (1) deal is in "Sales Pipeline". Because most organizations have multiple deals across different pipelines and the quantity / combination of these deals is varied, it would be impossible to create the list I'm looking for without extra steps. 

The workaround I use is to create a filter in the deal view, add a custom tag and then search for organizations that have deals with that custom tag. This is imperfect and messy. 

I think it would be great if the filter I gave as an example above worked by showing me any organization that does not have a deal in the given pipeline, regardless of any of its other deals & their pipelines.

Best wishes,

Jeff

5ed906fccacf912e3cfd72ad_74573.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey Farrick , thank you for your feedback!

I would expect the filter conditions that you showed to return the result you expected: all Organizations that have deals outside that pipeline. I suggest you reach out to our Support team so they can help with some troubleshooting to see what's happening. Thank you!

• Jeffrey Farrick
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #3
    Options

I would expect the filter conditions that you showed to return the result you expected: all Organizations that have deals outside that pipeline. I suggest you reach out to our Support team so they can help with some troubleshooting to see what's happening. Thank you!

Hello, 

Yes, it shows all organizations with deals outside that pipeline but does not filter out organizations that do have a deal in that pipeline. 

I wrote this post after working with the support team to identify how this filter function works. 

I hope this clarifies. 

Jeff

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #4
    Options

Thank you for clarifying, @Jeffrey Farrick

I've taken a look at your conversation with my colleague Rebecca and can see that this happens because the same Organization that has deals in the pipeline you want to exclude can also have deals in other pipelines, which makes them show up in your filter results. So indeed you need to add other criteria to your filtering conditions, like you've been doing with the custom field you created.

• Jeffrey Farrick
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #5
    Options

Hi Inês,

Thank you, I understand all your points and how the feature functions. I appreciate you taking the time to engage! :)

I'd like to be clear that the purpose of this post is to suggest an alternative to how the custom filter system currently works for organizations. 

It's my opinion that a filter (from the organization level) which includes "Deal > Pipeline > is not > X" should show you all organizations that do not have a deal in that pipeline, regardless of whether they have deals in other pipelines. The way this particular filter works on the organizational level is redundant since there are other filters that already work to achieve this kind of filtering. For example..

If I want a list of organizations that have deals in other pipelines, I could make a filter that includes "Deal > Pipeline > is > X" in the "Match ANY of these conditions" filter table, like below:

To clarify, this is just a suggested change based on my opinion of how the system should work. 

Best wishes and thank you!

Jeff