Editable custom data fields from org/deal/person page

Options
jacobtrike
jacobtrike Member Posts: 3
First Comment

This one bothers me, like a lot. Let's say I have a custom field under organization to be filled out in qualification that lists the prospective org's current system used, let's call it "Current System Used". This is a drop down select list field. I go an find the top 50 systems list somewhere online and paste those in as the 'select-from' options.

Lead 1: Uses something outside of that list (and goodness it feels like every single one does), I have to stop where I am at inputting the org data, go to settings, go to data fields, go to organization, go to custom fields, find "Current System Used", add the new option, go back to leads, find the organization again, and find my new input to select. Phew.

Lead 2: Uses something outside of that list (and goodness it feels like every single one does), I have to stop where I am at inputting the org data, go to settings, go to data fields, go to organization, go to custom fields, find "Current System Used", add the new option, go back to leads, find the organization again, and find my new input to select. Phew.

Lead 3: Uses something outside of that list (and goodness it feels like every single one does), I have to stop where I am at inputting the org data, go to settings, go to data fields, go to organization, go to custom fields, find "Current System Used", add the new option, go back to leads, find the organization again, and find my new input to select. Phew.

Get the picture?!

I understand that not everyone using the CRM should have edit permissions to all fields, but what if we had a toggle when inputting a custom field that if we selected it, it allowed us to add the thing we're trying to add to the dropdown right in the flow of where we're adding it?!?

Thanks.

1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated