Options
13»

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 23 #62
    Options

Should be doable using Make/Integromat or Zapier.

• cag icer
    cag icer Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited April 23 #63
    Options

Why should i use zapier to set a date?

Is not it very common thing everyone need?

I need to setup many dates for reminder and aumated emails! I wish i can do it inhouse instead of 3rd pharties

• evan_aidi
    evan_aidi Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Hi there,

I was hoping to setup an Automation trigger that is based on the relativity to a Date field.

Example: I have a Deal with an Expected Close Date in 2 months, I would like to create a new Activity, assigned to Deal owner, to do something given that timing.

Use case: We use Deals to process renewals for our customers (annually, etc.) and would like to alert the team when a Renewal is approaching!

Thank you!

• Jared
    Jared Member Posts: 53
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment First Answer
    edited April 23 #65
    Options

@evan_aidi , within the Pipedrive automation tool, this is not possible. However, with the help of Zapier it is.

You will create a zap that will fire when a "deal matches a filter," and then, you can run whatever steps you need in Zapier. i.e create an activity and so on. I have used this to create a renewal process 30 days before the client's expiration date and it was beneficial.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• PipedriveExperts.com
    PipedriveExperts.com Member Posts: 15
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited April 23 #66
    Options

Hello @evan_aidi .

I happen to be a Pipedrive Partner.

Believe or not... this is a capability upon which we have been waiting for several years.

There is good news, however! Pipedrive have a technical team working to add this feature to automations in the coming months. Last I heard: "maybe in Jan 2024".

For anyone selling subscriptions, or another service (like mortgages) that require renewal, this capability is essential. I look forward to being able to "send email-template X, on the date that is Y-days prior to the expiration date"

I hope that provides some comfort. Let me know if you need any help with Pipedrive.

Joseph Valenti (joe @PipedriveExperts.com )

• Hugo_5566
    Hugo_5566 Member Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 23 #67
    Options

Could you please consider to support time-type custom fields in automations as conditions. This is currently not the case. As an event company the starting time of an event is crucial. I would like to use changing the time of an event as a trigger. This is currently not possible.

• EGartner
    EGartner Member Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 23 #68
    Options

Hello - this is also essential for us. Any news on upcoming releases regarding date based automations?

• Dan W
    Dan W Member Posts: 7
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Options

Being able to make automation by date would allow for projects to have generic follow-up dates. Would help populate schedules faster.

• Jared
    edited April 23 #70
    Options

@EGartner I have found a way to make this work without having to wait.

For example, you can create a date field on the contact/deal for the Expiration/Renewal date. Then, you can run an automation based on a filter match.

So, if the date is in the next three months, create a renewal deal and kick off the renewal process. The critical aspect is to set up the expiration date on the deal.

• Jared
    edited April 23 #71
    Options

I have found a way to make this work without waiting for a new feature.

• EGartner
    edited April 23 #72
    Options

Close, but not quite. Your solution would still require the manual intervention of creating a renewal deal. We are hoping to have an automation create an activity task based on a date, so no manual input in the process needed.

Basically an automated process of a task being assigned ahead of time to review an account and reach out prior to a renewal date.

• Dan S - Pipedrive Premier Partner
    edited April 23 #73
    Options

Just to add to this, we are beta testing this functionality right now, so I'd expect it to be available soon..

• EGartner
    edited April 23 #74
    Options

It would be great to join the beta testing group

• Dan S - Pipedrive Premier Partner
    edited April 23 #75
    Options

@EGartner I believe it's still closed beta for now - but hoping it'll be rolled out promptly

• EGartner
    edited April 23 #76
    Options
  • Dace Kraučuka
    Dace Kraučuka Pipedrive Team Posts: 22 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 23 #77
    Options

@Dan W

Hi, Dan!

We are working on this possibility, it will be available on Q2 this year, will keep you posted, when that happens!

• Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 27
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

I would like an automation to highlight when we set up a new Deal for a new or returning customer when that customer hasn't worked with us for a set period of time (say 6 months).

Trigger = When a new Deal is created.

Condition = where the new Deal primary contact has no other Deals linked to them created within the last 6 months then

Action = Create an activity to call them

I could then automate our client success team to contact new or returning clients for a discovery or catch up call.

Pipedrive say that it currently cant be done. 

Would this be valuable for anyone else?

• Jeremy Wine
    Jeremy Wine Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

We're looking to do something similar, Leo, and the upcoming date-triggered automation condition would/will be the missing piece for us.

Our objective is to enable customer success and inside sales (B2B) to reduce churn. So we'd base the creation of follow-up actions on some custom date fields, including:

• X Months from end of their current contract
    • X days before/after the end of the season or fiscal/year

It sounds like the Pipedrive team is very close to having this feature in Beta so we aren't going the Make/Zapier route

• Laurent S
    Laurent S Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

C'est possible avec les nouveautés Pipedrive 2024 :

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi everyone, we’ll have more details about date-triggered automations very soon; stay tuned!