Notes in pipedrive need auto-save

Options
2»

Comments

• Marjorie Saulson
    Marjorie Saulson Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

What is the matter with the leadership of this company?

Do you not care about your clients at all?

The length of time and the number of complaints you have received should make it clear that adding auto-save needs to be a top tech priority NOW!

Or are you all asleep at the wheel?

• Clare at My Big Buddy
    Options

I have discovered that after writing my Notes I can close the box; or leave the deal; or open other deals/tabs; and even open Pipedrive in another window, and when I return to the same deal and click on the (now showing as empty) Notes tab AGAIN then my last notes reappear!

However, they will be lost if you use any of the other options in that deal ie. create an activity or send an email - as you have now overwritten your last 'entry'.

Test it out and see if it works for you.🤞

• Clare at My Big Buddy
    Options

And yes, the same applies to Activities. If I create an Activity and add notes, but don't complete the action (eg if I'm waiting for confirmation of a date or time before saving it), then the notes that I make do reappear when I open the (same) Activities tab again - as long as I haven't used and/or saved any of the other tabbed options (notes, email, etc) in the interim.

• Frank Filippelli
    Frank Filippelli Member Posts: 95
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@Clare at My Big Buddy So true, these guys at Pipedrive have been seriously taking advantage of us customers. They know your CRM is one of the most important tools in modern business so they take advantage of the fact that you can't easily jump from one to the other and they know we need them for our businesses to function. So they bank on the fact that people will just put up with this nonsense. Instead they focus on ridiculous features that make a very marginal difference like redom automations or darkmode, sure they're great features but there has to be a proper order of priority and things like the color of your UI should never take priority over basic functionality unless you can make those changes very quickly and pipedrive have proven time and time again that they are way too slow so they need to just start focusing more on what matters most! 😡

• Frank Filippelli
    Frank Filippelli Member Posts: 95
    5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@Marjorie Saulson Sleeping at the wheel?... These guys haven't even gotten in the car! Wake up Pipedrive!!!

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,084 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @Frank Filippelli , @Marjorie Saulson , @Clare at My Big Buddy , thank you for your input. I appreciate the frustration and also the creativity in your comments (Simpsons fan here, I liked the Homer image); it shows how passionate you are about helping us make Pipedrive a better tool.

Auto-save in notes is another popular request we see here in the community. However, as of this comment, there has yet to be a confirmation of it being in the plans for the very near future due to competing short-term priorities. But I’ll highlight this to the product team and share more details as soon as possible.

• Jasper McEwan
    Jasper McEwan Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 9 #38
    Options

When adding my visit notes on an activity within Pipedrive... I find it frustrating that they aren't autosaved. Having spent 30 mins this PM entering up my notes I accidentally clicked off the 'Activity' This resulted in my notes being knocked off and having to start over. 😤

Is this something that could be looked into as an improvement as it isn't the first time it has happened :(

Many thanks

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,084 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 9 #39
    Options

Hi @Jasper McEwan thank you for the feedback! There is already an existing thread on his, and to lend weight to your request I have merged them together.