Contact Management

Options

Ok, so I am new to Pipedrive and currently on a trial to see how it works into our workflow. I have used hubspot in the past and although pipedrive looks better, I'm not sure about the simplicity of pipedrive yet.

Aside from my surprise at how impossible it is to contact anyone at Pipedrive (that bot chat is doing my head in!), I am confused about contact management.

Am I able to:

1. Select multiple contacts and add them as leads?
  2. Am I able to get multiple or singular contacts or leads and add them to a group (ie target or call list)?
  3. I'm also a bit confused about the difference between a contact and a lead and the best way to manage both. If anyone could give me clarity on how they have built an efficient workflow around that it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jarrett

Answers

• Reeve Lui
    Reeve Lui Member Posts: 41
    First Answer 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi Jarrett,

First of all.

Think of it this way, Leads = Something for you to pursue and Lead can be converted to a Deal

Contacts = A database of people, it's like your email/phone book

So it is not exactly possible for you to select multiple contacts and add them as leads. Because 1 lead = 1 deal = 1 opportunity = 1 contact, although you can add additional contacts as participants.

You can still work on your contacts and add them to a group for your target or call list

I happen to be a Pipedrive Partner and can hook you up with a 30 days free trial again (assuming yours expired). Also love to give you a 30 minutes demo which will answer all your questions.

Feel free to contact me directly at reeve@astersense.com

• smallfirm
    smallfirm Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

@Jarrett Truscott I'm having the same problem with contacting Pipedrive. I'm in the trial and need 6 users but cant even get someone on the phone, chat or email. I emailed support and got a automated message saying the email address is not monitored.

• Reeve Lui
    edited March 5 #4
    Options

Hey there @smallfirm , I guess this is the reason why they have partners like me to help you. So they can focus on the product.

Can you share with me your email address please? You can send it to reeve@astersense.com

Feel free to check my website out. As a partner, it’s my duty to help you at no additional cost because I’m happy to know you are interested in more licenses.

It will be a pleasure to guide you on Pipedrive, navigating administrative and features.

• smallfirm
    Options

Your website is hacked. I tried to email you but it bounced, when I went to your website, my browser and AVG alerted me that your website is infected. Not sure about Pipedrive anymore - Support is non existing, community is filled with bots or scammers.

• Reeve Lui
    Options

Hi @smallfirm

I just want to assure I am not a bot nor a scammer.

My email is working perfectly fine and should not bounce. Showing a screenshot that I received a notification when you responded.

My website is working for all the people whom I asked too. I really don't understand this as well.

Here is my LinkedIn profile as well: https://www.linkedin.com/in/luir-astersense/

• Reeve Lui
    Options

It's incredibly weird. I'm trying to look into this now.

• smallfirm
    Options

I'm sorry I wasn't implying you are a bot or scammer, I was simply stating I have been contacted by bots/scammers once I signed up to this forum AND your site doesnt seem to work. Your site probably just has a misconfigured certificate or plugin, no big deal but its definitely not working for me. So far, my research has found that Pipedrive seems to be a great Sales CRM but lacks in internal support and a lot of the features sales teams need are through third party integrations. The lack of being able to log a call without jumping through hoops and bounds seems crazy.

We use Hubspot now, its not perfect and its pricey but it gets the job done. I wanted to try something else since Hubspot's full feature list is something we will never use and the tool is fairly complicated but after trying to reach Pipeline support for days and getting the bot run around, I dont think I can support it. Someone finally called me from Pipeline, simply tried to schedule a demo...2 weeks out. Declined for now.

• Reeve Lui
    Options

That is really a weird coincidence that my email bounced for you + website not working.

Thanks for your time writing a response. It was unfortunate that we could not retain you in Pipedrive. I am certain I can help you with most of the things required and not leaving you exasperated with the support waiting time.

I have helped customers connect their Pipedrive with call applications (softphone / contact centre) and it definitely does not need to jump through hoops and bounds.

If you ask me, I would say Hubspot was created as a marketing software and Pipedrive was a sales focused software. So their roots are entirely different. Basically you win some and you lose some. And Hubspot is indeed a lot more pricey.

I have used Hubspot myself personally and have helped customers to shift over to Pipedrive too.

Well, feel free to drop me an email if you still like to have a chat!

Try reeve@astersense.com or info@astersense.com