New in Insights: More data soon available for report tables

Options
Külli Kruusla
Külli Kruusla Pipedrive Team Posts: 30 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 17 in What's New #1

Starting from the beginning of March, you will be able to select more data for your report table list views.

What has changed?

By navigating to the report table view and by selecting the gear icon next to the table, you will be able to also select:

• For Leads report tables, can add contact person, organization, deal fields;
  • For Deals report tables, can also add contact person, organization field;
  • For an Activity report tables, can add deal, lead, contact person, organization field;
  • For Person contact report tables, can add organization field;

As a next step, we will make these fields also available in the report filters.

Comments

• JaMes75
    JaMes75 Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 27 #2
    Options

Cool, it would be crazy if we can also edit data into the report table 😁

• billbutler1969
    billbutler1969 Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

With the latest recurring products beta, there are some key reporting needs that could be improved with addtional fields.

1. The Subscription Revenue report only displays data based on the Deals -> subscription data, which at first glance seems fine, but this means that I have to double enter information for every deal. I have to enter (a) Recurring products in order to generate my quote and (b) setup a subscription in the deal to match the product values set to recur in the deal. It would be impressive if the subscriptions revenue chart could take into account recurring products.
  • Külli Kruusla
    edited February 29 #4
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @billbutler1969 .

It is indeed in the near future plans to enhance reporting capabilities so that the new subscription products will be included right away in the report without the need of you to even use the seperate modal for generating the subscription. Therefore, making it so that the revenue report will get information about the subscription or one time products sold from the products you have attached to the deal.

• Külli Kruusla
    Options

Thanks for the feedback and noted it down @JaMes75. No plans yet around making the table view editable in the near future, but if there are any updates, will always post it to community as well :).

• Hyroxware
    Hyroxware Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I believed that the real insights are within our projects, especially with all the valuable data we gather during onboarding. Being able to include project data fields in our reports would give us a much clearer picture of our progress and guide us towards making even better decisions.

• Külli Kruusla
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @Hyroxware . Unfortunately, the project app fields are not currently in the scope of these projects. But I will keep the community up to date if we plan to add support for these fields as well.

• billbutler1969
    billbutler1969 Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Glad you are planning to provide this data. Being able to access MRR, ARR, ACV And TCV in the reporting would be amazing.

• AlexABaker
    AlexABaker Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Can you have Lead data in the Deal data report? For example how many deals are derived from a particular Lead source, as appose to looking at it from a Lead data POV

• Stu R.
    Stu R. Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

As has been mentioned above a month ago, the ability to include detailed data from the new "Recurring products" feature is crucial for the feature itself and Pipedrive Insights as a whole to have any practical value.

I assumed the recent update also included an update to Insights, so I went ahead and deleted all the old "Subscriptions" from all deals. Turns out, NOPE, the new recurring product feature gives 0 value in Insights.

In fact, it gives less than 0 value, because it now lumps projected revenue together with actual revenue, making it impossible to see actual earnings for a specific period. "TCV = product value * 12" is completely arbitrary.

For now, we have to run separate sales accounting and budgeting in Excel just to do some basic calculations. Being an avid Pipedrive-fan for years, I find this subpar and hope that the product team comes up with a solution soon.

Example:

A client purchases a €499/mo subscription in December 2023. With the new "Recurring products" feature, all I get is TCV = € 5988.

First of all, TCV being limited to an arbitrary 12 months makes little sense. What if we consider TCV to be 3, 5, or 10 years?

Secondly, the breakdown of that subscription should be, at minimum:

• 2023 Yearly revenue: € 499
    • 2023 Q4 revenue: € 499
    • 2023 December revenue: € 499
    • 2024 Yearly revenue: € 5988
    • 2024 Q1 / Q2 / … revenue: € 1497
    • 2024 Jan / Feb / Mar / … revenue: € 499

Additionally, not all subscriptions are created equal and there's something called a "churn rate". If our churn rate sits at 10%/yr, there's a 10% chance that the subscription will be cancelled within 12 months. In an ideal world, I'd like to account for this when adding the product to the deal, or at least across all deals, so that we can get a realistic projection.