This is now starting to drive me crazy...

Options

I can't get an answer from Pipedrive so I am relying on the community here. The support@ email is replying saying this channel is unavailable and to use the bot which I find completely useless.

So... I must be missing something. Surely the point of a CRM is to carry a contact through to a lead, then through to a deal and then through the sales funnel to closing the deal.

I assumed this was the idea and imported my contacts and started to add notes, emails, linkedin info etc...

But what I have found is that when I move the contact to a lead, none of that information or planned activities is being carried forward.

Surely I am missing something here as that is the whole point of carrying this information forward through to it being a deal.

Pipedrive support is offering nothing, so please let me know if there is a solution to this because if I can't find one then this platform just isn't useable if I have to re-enter the information at every stage.

What do you guys do??

Answers

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @Jarrett Truscott , welcome to the Pipedrive community!

In Pipedrive, a lead must always be linked to a person or organization in Pipedrive. You can create a contact person or org at the same time you create a Lead, but a lead is not a progression from a contact. If needed, you can have multiple leads associated with the same contact person or org.

Thinking of a lead as a “pre-deal” is easier since it can convert to a deal. This article has more details on how Leads work and how they differ from Deals.

• Jarrett Truscott
    Jarrett Truscott Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Thanks @Manuel Oliveira. So just to clarify, there is no way for me to bring all of the notes and activities & planned activities etc associated with a contact through when moving them to a lead or a deal??

Surely that is key information to bring through to the lead and deal stage

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Not automatically Jarrett, since you can have notes and activities linked only to the contact, and separate to whichever deal or lead that contact is linked to. So in your case it sounds like you would need the notes and activities in the lead itself.

But there is something I can suggest, you can export those items out of the contacts, and import them into the leads.