Deleting a contact

Michael Upshall
Michael Upshall Member Posts: 1

I'm trying to delete a contact and it seems I have to be an administrator to do this.  Makes it difficult to use Pipedrive as an ongoing resource, as people change jobs and change roles. Is there a way to do this without asking an  admin to do it each time?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #2

Hi @Michael Upshall !

Non-admin users can be given the permission to delete deals or activities but not contacts. You do need to be an Admin user to have that option, so you need to ask your Admin user to do it for you or to make you an Admin user too - How can I make a user into an Admin User?

That being said, I do understand how in some cases neither option might be viable or practical, so I've made sure to forward your feedback internally for consideration. Thank you!

• Stan Gelbaugh
    Stan Gelbaugh Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3

how can I restore a deleted contact?

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #4

how can I restore a deleted contact?

Hi @Stan Gelbaugh !

It's not possible to filter or search directly for deleted contacts, but if your contact was linked to another item that you can locate in Pipedrive (Deal, Person, Organization, Activity), you can reach them through there, open the deleted contact and choose to "restore" it. 

If you're not able to do this, please reach out to out Support team so they can help you try to retrieve that contact.

• David Pare
    David Pare Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

Hello,

I'm deleting contacts as an admin, but they still exist in the database and I want them completely gone as I do a LOT of testing and I don't want to keep all my test contacts in the database.

As you can see in my screenshot below - this contact is "deleted" but it still shows up in my search and in the database:

I want the contact completely gone please!

• Inês Batata
    edited December 2020 #6

Hello,

I'm deleting contacts as an admin, but they still exist in the database and I want them completely gone as I do a LOT of testing and I don't want to keep all my test contacts in the database.

As you can see in my screenshot below - this contact is "deleted" but it still shows up in my search and in the database:

I want the contact completely gone please!

Hi @David Pare !

Please reach out to our Support team and they will help you with this. For urgent or technical issues Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication, as Community is more focused on exchanging knowledge, experiences and ideas. Thank you!

• Ange Bocock
    Ange Bocock Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited September 2021 #7

I'd like to second the option to give other users the ability to delete contacts - even if it's just within a users 'owned contacts'.  

As an admin, I'd much rather our sales team have ownership of their own contacts so they can add/remove as needed.

• marco.racanelli
    marco.racanelli Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Perhaps I can suggest to implement a Pipedrive automation for this by leveraging either the contact Label or acustom field.

Person is updated (this is the trigger) --> Label has changed to "Delete" --> Wait 3 hours (enough to amend a mistake by the users) --> Delete existing person.

Of course, an admin still needs to set this up, but after this, the users can control the quality of the contacts in the CRM.