Draft Email Saving is slowing me down

Options
G.Thomas
G.Thomas Member Posts: 4
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited March 14 in Sales CRM #1

Has anyone else noticed that when you use an email template to send an email, the automatic draft save feature blocks your ability to actually send the email for several seconds, and if you are not careful, you can navigate away before it has even registered that you wanted to send the email?

This is slowing me down during my day-to-day and even causing some emails that I thought I sent to just sit in drafts. This is something that has started in the past month or so, and it feels counter-intuitive to the speed that a custom email template was designed to facilitate.

Answers

• Andreia Costa
    Andreia Costa Pipedrive Team Posts: 133 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Hi @G.Thomas 👋
    I don't think that's expected behavior, but it could be related to the amount of information that the template needs to add (mainly, information coming from the merge tag option). I'm not able to reproduce this on my side here, it seems to load up quickly for me and I'm able to send it without a delay from the draft save feature.

If you can record your screen showing this behavior, I think that would be ideal, and with that, please reach out to our Support team so they can investigate this further for you. Thanks!

• M Copa
    M Copa Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Yes @G.Thomas I've noticed it over the last 1-2 months. It seems to be getting worse. I move quickly in order to get everything done in a workday and it's drastically slowing me down.

Support told me to use Chrome, clear browsing data, and unlink/relink my email client. I've done all three of these things with no improvement.

Hoping someone has a fix to this.

• Jonathan Gennick
    Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 56
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

It's been a problem for me as well. Saving either works, or locks up entirely. Then I have to select all and copy my message, curse and swear, reload the browser page, create the email again, and paste in the message I was going to send.

Sometimes the saves are just slow, but often they are so slow as to give the sense that Pipedrive is locked up. Maybe I'm just not patient enough.