Alternatives to Deals Won or Lost

Options
Alan McTighe
Alan McTighe Member Posts: 17
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I'd like some additional options in the Deal area or at least the possibility of a Deal being classified as "Closed" (in this case not the definition usually applied to a deal closed and won).

I know I can delete a deal, however I also want to indicate where deals have cease or "died on the vine" as they say

ie a deal can remain open and active until they are Won, Lost or Closed - in my industry sometimes the deal dies, the buyer ceases to be interested making the deal neither won nor lost over a competitor.

Thoughts please.

Tagged:

Answers

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @Alan McTighe, in Pipedrive logic the outcome of a deal is quite binary in that sense. So a deal that closes without being won is "lost" in some way.

However, losing a deal can mean many things as you point out correctly, so you can use custom lost reasons to mark your deals that close without being won. You can find out more here.

• Alan McTighe
    Options

Hmmm, without trying to sound too dramatic, this is a big oversight and a flaw in the system that affects the stat's, conversions data and the treatment of deals. A closed deal reflects a change in circumstances or the potential parking of a deal for future resuscitation.

Deals in my world are either open or closed (or deleted). They are then either won, lost or closed.

Something that is easily fixed. I'm not sure of the logic in your approach but it is what it is.

• Alan McTighe
    Options

By the way, thanks for your response Manuel 👍