Automations based on the Date a previous Deal was created

Options
Leo
Leo Member Posts: 27
Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes

I would like an automation to highlight when we set up a new Deal for a new or returning customer when that customer hasn't worked with us for a set period of time (say 6 months).

Trigger = When a new Deal is created.

Condition = where the new Deal primary contact has no other Deals linked to them created within the last 6 months then

Action = Create an activity to call them

I could then automate our client success team to contact new or returning clients for a discovery or catch up call.

Pipedrive say that it currently cant be done.

Would this be valuable for anyone else?

Answers

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Can attempt to solve this using Make/Integromat.

• Leo
    Options

Thanks Amit, but I would ask PD to add this to their automations rather than use an external provider.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,078 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @Leo while that is not possible in the exact steps you described for the deal without using an external tool, how about something like a filter for contacts that shows people whose last activities were over six months ago? You can also combine that with a contacts timeline view to see their deal history

• Leo
    Options

Thanks Manuel, that may be a workaround. Just to confirm you are suggesting an automation which uses a filter as the condition

Trigger = When a new Deal is created.

Condition = where the "deal primary contact" is not showing on a specific Filter (Filter = all people with whom correspondence has happened within the last 6 months)

Action = Create an activity to call them.

Would this work?