Geolocating and automatic address completions

Options
PolicromaLLC
PolicromaLLC Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited April 1 in Sales CRM #1

Hello community! We have hundreds of active customers that we market to. Addresses are critically important to us as sales agents. We find ourselves fighting the automatic completion of addresses as we are typing them. Then we save them and the suggested version saves instead of the version that we need. Does anyone have advice?

What does Google have against zip codes? Or is this how it plugs in to Pipedrive/ We actually still do send things in USPS and couriers. Zip codes also help us determine sales tax rates. I can wax on about why we need zip codes…

Tagged:

Answers

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,078 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @PolicromaLLC , address-type fields in Pipedrive are integrated with Google Maps, and that’s how they auto-populate results. You can find out more details here.
    Because of the way Google Maps works, it may happen that postal addresses are not accurate, specifically zip codes. This can vary depending on factors such as the country and area. But you can use something like a regular text-only custom field to register the zip code or even the full postal address. That way the address it won’t be modified by Google Maps.

• PolicromaLLC
    PolicromaLLC Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Thanks Manuel. That could work for physical mailing and billing addresses. But then if I keep addresses that way, I can't use the maps feature. I wish that populating one field (a text field) could auto-populate the google address field! That would be perfect.