LEMLIST & Automation: how to automate deal being moved when first email was sent

Options
Phil-
Phil- Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 8 in Workflow Automation #1

I have been playing with the automations in combination with the data imported from Lemlist.

When a new contact gets imported from Lemlist (after successful enrichment), a deal automatically is added to my first stage in Pipedrive.

I would like to move this exact deal one stage once I send the first email.

Unfortunately, the data from the email campaign (
Email sent from campaign XYZ, Email opened from campaign XYZ, clicked on link, etc.) is automatically imported to the PERSON (to be found in Contacts/People on Pipedrive) rather than to the DEAL of the person.

1. question: can I change that the info gets added to the DEAL of the PERSON?
  2. question: can I automate an action (move to next stage) in the DEAL section from an activity in the PERSON section (email has been sent, etc.)

I have not been successful with my last automation:

Can anybody help me to fix my automation please?

Answers

• Sophie
    Sophie Pipedrive Team Posts: 140 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Answer First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

Hi @Phil-

Question 1- Can I change that the info gets added to the DEAL of the PERSON?

• This would be something that is set up/controlled from the Lemlist side before the data is sent to Pipedrive. Unfortunately, I don't have a Lemlist account to test this on my end, I would recommend reaching out to the Lemlost support team to see if they can clarify this!

Question 2- Can I automate an action (move to next stage) in the DEAL section from an activity in the PERSON section (email has been sent, etc.)

• This will depend on what information can be sent from Lemlist to Pipedrive. With Pipedrive automations, we don't have email-based triggers in automations, so we can't create an automation that triggers when an email is sent, however, we can create an automation based on a field being updated!

Another thing to note is that Person contacts in Pipedrive can have multiple deals, so with most set-ups you will need to pick the exact deal that the action takes place on. Usually, it will only be possible to set up the automation if you start with a deal trigger and then complete an action on the person.

I hope this helps!

• Phil-
    Phil- Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Thanks for your help.

I am trying to change what kind of information Lemlist sends to pipedrive. However, this cannot be changed from my side at the moment.

Meanwhile, I am trying to figure out a workaround from the side of pipedrive:

I think it all makes sense until the required deal section. In my case there should only be one deal associated with the person. However, how do I automatically match the person with this one deal? I understand that there could be multiple deals connected to one person. Can I allocate the deal with "1.Person" in any way?

In case you have any other idea I am super open to it :)

Thanks in advance!