Editable Product Description/ Personalized Description per product-deal attachment

Options
FilippoPB
FilippoPB Member Posts: 9
5 Up Votes Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

As a company that does a lot of bespoke quoting, we have to change the agreed details of a service/product almost every time. It would be great if we could pull the standard Product Description, edit some details, and store that changed description (since those are the details of the actual service we agreed with our clients).

Mockup: Personalized Description button (below the notes section), that pulls the product description and allows you to edit it.

We are currently manually typing the agreed details on Notes, but that has 2 big problems:
1. It's very manual
2. We lose the space to add internal comments for each product attached

Thanks!

Tagged:
3 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

I agree, I think the product description should by default be pre-populated in the yellow box below the product code box.

• FilippoPB
    FilippoPB Member Posts: 9
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

@Craig Beaumont hey Craig, we had to implement an automation with Power Automate that does that.
    It sucks that we have to rely on an external paid tool, but at least it's getting the job done:

I created a webhook for whenever a Deal is updated, my flow lists the Products attached to that deal, retrieves their description, and then posts them as Comments to each product if there isn't a comment there already.

Hope it's helpful!

• Craig Beaumont
    Craig Beaumont Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    Options

Hi @FilippoPB I will take a look, This should be a priority for PD to take a look at, my sales admin team are struggling with inputting products