Batch create deals from contacts

Options
abt
abt Member Posts: 2
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited April 11 in Workflow Automation #1

I'm looking for a better way to select multiple contacts and then batch add them to an existing pipeline.

I found this video that show how you can do it with automation. It's less than ideal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNm-PBE2o_Q

TBH it's perplexing to me that this is not something that's already built in.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Answers

• David Picard
    David Picard Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

I see your point. Like, select and press a deal button. It's a good request.

This is a good video because the bottom line is that whatever your will do will require automation. This one is pretty simple and does not impact your reporting by, let's say, creating another column to trigger another automation.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

What Liz has shared is the perfect solution.

• abt
    abt Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

@Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) It seems that way but after experimenting with it, it's not. The main problem is I have a list of contacts, then I have a product that I want to pitch to them. Each product has a pipeline that the contacts get added to. If I do it with the suggested automation method, what happens when I have the next product? I either have to change the automation or clear all the fields and start again. What happens when I have multiple duplicates of the same contact in multiple pipelines. It gets messy quickly. Being able to simply select them and add them to a pipeline stage, creating a deal for each of them would solve the problem without creating an administrative and database mess.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

It is the perfect solution for what you originally asked for.

Additional nuance requires additional steps.