Email of same contact but different Subject

Options
Gustavo Costa
Gustavo Costa Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
edited April 19 in Sales CRM #1

I am having a problem with Email of same contact but different Subjects or Topics is joining in the same LOOP of email.

How to disconnect it or to avoid the Pipedrive joing automatic?

Answers

• Tony Xavier
    Tony Xavier Pipedrive Team Posts: 48 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Hi @Gustavo Costa,

Pipedrive identifies email threads using the following internet message headers:

Message-Id – the message being sent

In-Reply-To – the message being replied to

References – the thread where the message originated.

When synced emails match these rules, they’ll be threaded together on our side. Once emails have been threaded together, they can only be linked to one deal and contact person. Unfortunately, once emails are threaded together, they can no longer be unthreaded.

To prevent emails from being threaded together moving forward we recommend not using the "Forward" or "Reply To" buttons when composing a new email, it's preferable to copy the content and open a new thread from scratch so that there are no previous links to the original email, or using the email sync feature to send out emails directly from Pipedrive, since emails sent from Pipedrive will not trigger the threading conditions.

I can also share this article that goes in-depth into Email Threading in Pipedrive. I hope this helps.