Reordering of email addresses / set primary email address

Options
Jonathan Gennick
Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 61
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper

It is common for me to obtain an email address upon initial contact with a prospect only to later be given a different and preferred email. Then I must manually copy and paste email addresses in the UI to get them into the proper ordering so that the preferred email is on top. Sometimes I have three or four emails for a prospect and must shuffle them in this manner. Could functionality be added to allow me to either reorder the addresses or to designate a primary address? It is essential to have the client's preferred address be either first in the list or somehow otherwise designated in a way that will be picked up by the group email feature and the automations.

2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Sharon_69510
    Sharon_69510 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Couldn't agree more - when did this happen? Before i export, the heading of the field is Person-Email - when i export, it is broken down into 'Person - Email - Work/Person - Email - Home/ Person - Email - Other' and i have to manually move them all into the 1 column if i want to mail them all at the same time.

Short of paying someone to go through my 75,000 clients to arrange their primary email to be all in the 1 field, i have no idea what to do.

• Jonathan Gennick
    Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 61
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Just today I had a prospect come back to me with a different work email address that he prefers that I use. The pain of having to paste in the new address, add a third address, copy the first address, paste the first into the third, delete the first so as to make the second now the top address — that's as painful for me to do as it is for you to read about.