Hows the duration values migrated when the duration field removed after June 2024?

Options
Tech_TSCloud
Tech_TSCloud Member Posts: 3
First Comment First Anniversary

Pipedrive officially announced that: Starting March 11th, 2024, the Product Duration feature is no longer available for new customers. For customers currently using this feature, it will be removed in phases leading up to June 3rd, 2024. After this date, Product Duration will no longer be available. As an alternative, you can use the recurring products feature.

Also in the deal product panel, it shows that "The duration values will be migrated into the product quantity field."

So my question is: how would the duration values be migrated in my deals? For example, my deal has a product named "GW2" with a quantity of 2 and a duration of 11 months in that deal. Does that mean that my deal would be changed into a product named "GW2" with a quantity of 11 automatically after the deal field is removed?

That's insane because even if I manually changed the deal with a product named "GW2" with a quantity of 2 and a billing frequency of 11 months, it still got a number 1 in the duration field. So that means after the duration field is removed, that deal will be changed into a product named "GW2" with a quantity of 1, as "The duration values will be migrated into the product quantity field."

I hope you can provide clear feedback to me on this.

Answers

• Tech_TSCloud
    Options

I've got an update from Pipedrive Chat. Here is my question:
    I have concerns on the upcoming changes on duration field. I already know the product duration features will be replaced by the recurring products feature, in which the duration and the duration_unit field will be replaced by the billing_frequency_cycle and the biling_frequency, respectively. However in the deal product panel, there is a banner stated "The duration values will be migrated into the product quantity field". Is that mean the number in duration will be migrated to quantity field of that deal product?
    The reply from PD is enclosed. Bravo!😑

• Tech_TSCloud
    Options

I've got an update from Pipedrive Chat. Here is my question:
    I have concerns on the upcoming changes on duration field. I already know the product duration features will be replaced by the recurring products feature, in which the duration and the duration_unit field will be replaced by the billing_frequency_cycle and the biling_frequency, respectively. However in the deal product panel, there is a banner stated "The duration values will be migrated into the product quantity field". Is that mean the number in duration will be migrated to quantity field of that deal product?
    The reply from PD is enclosed. Bravo!😑