Bulk Adding Labels

Options
Joe Ammirato
Joe Ammirato Member Posts: 4
First Comment

Hi Pipedrive,

I saw a post by @Brent Kobayashi and I want to second his idea:

"As lead labels (and soon Contact labels) can handle multiple labels, it would be VERY helpful to be able to be able to ADD or SUBTRACT from existing labels (without having to replace all).

For example:

- I have 50 leads. Some have a variety of different existing labels

- I'd like to quickly add a label to 25 of them.

- This will wipe out the existing labels (I cannot choose "add", you have to replace all labels).

Less often, but I think useful, would be to remove a value (if it exists) in bulk."

If I'm honest, I would not have bought pipedrive if I knew this feature was not built and it seems like tablesteaks for a CRM, so wondering if we can get this feature soon?

Tagged:
2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Joe Ammirato
    Joe Ammirato Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

Does anyone know if there is way to automate this with zapier or something? I hate having to export as a CSV and reupload every time.

• Sophie
    Sophie Pipedrive Team Posts: 149 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Answer First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    Options

Hi @Joe Ammirato,

Thanks so much for this feedback, it's a great suggestion now that items can have multiple labels! I'll be sure to pass this along internally as well.

As you mentioned, as a workaround, you can export your leads with their existing labels, add the new label to your spreadsheet, and then import these items back into Pipedrive with the additional label.

As for automating this process, I created an automation in my account that will bring back the existing labels when you add a new label via bulk edit (Although we don't recommend triggering automations via bulk edit as it may violate Automations: frequency limits) -

A limitation to this automation, however, is that if you want to remove a label but you are also adding a new one, this automation will trigger (With any change to a lead label), bringing back the label that was intended to be removed. In order to add any new labels and remove existing ones, you will need to deactivate this automation first or add new labels via import (As an import will not trigger an automation).

I hope this helps!