Change person for call logging

Michel Larose
Michel Larose Member Posts: 6 VERIFIED MEMBER
Third Anniversary First Comment
edited May 8 in Apps and Integrations #1

In the person's page, call logs are automatically entered because of our phone integration. However, there seems to be no way to modify to whom the call is associated with. If an organisation has multiple people, that all call you from the company's main phone number, the call logs get association to anyone of the people, not necessarily the person that called. I understand this could be unavoidable, but at least we need the possibility of changing the person it has been associated with after the call has been completed.

Answers

• Leonardo Zimmermann
    Leonardo Zimmermann Pipedrive Team Posts: 153 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Likes

Hey, @Michel Larose!

If I understand correctly, you are referring to logging calls in Pipedrive's Mobile App, correct?

If that is indeed the case, after the call is finished you should be able to modify the contact person it'll be associate with, on this section.

This article can also help with clarifying further details of this process.

I hope this helps, but if you have remaining questions, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team.

• Michel Larose
    Michel Larose Member Posts: 6 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Third Anniversary First Comment

No, I am referring to the regular web interface. The call gets logged automatically (by our 3CX phone system), without the prompt like in the mobile app, so there is no opportunity that I can see to change to which contact to associate the call.

• Tony Xavier
    Tony Xavier Pipedrive Team Posts: 126 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    100 Comments 5 Answers Second Anniversary 5 Likes

Hi @Michel Larose,

Phone integrations like 3CX use a seperate entity called Call Logs with the help of API, and these can be created only using APIs (which are different from Activities in Pipedrive) to log the information about calls and currently, once the call is logged in Pipedrive, we would not be able to make any edits to the call log.

However, your specific use case does make sense, and I would recommend sharing this in our Ideas and Product Feedback channel. With upvotes, we will be able to bring this to the attention of the product team.