New: JustCall integration for Android

Manuel Oliveira
Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,269 COMMUNITY MANAGER
1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers Third Anniversary
edited June 14 in What's New #1

Hello pipedrivers! The Pipedrive mobile app for Android now offers a new option to call your contacts using JustCall!

As long as JustCall is installed on your Android device, you can set it up as a caller option in the Pipedrive mobile app settings. Then, JustCall will be available to make and log calls.

This update is gradually rolling out to all companies throughout June 2024. Check out the knowledge base article here for the full details, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

Comments

• PipedriveExperts.com
    PipedriveExperts.com Member Posts: 22 VERIFIED MEMBER
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

This is great welcome happy news. Thank you, @Manuel Oliveira !

• PipedriveExperts.com
    PipedriveExperts.com Member Posts: 22 VERIFIED MEMBER
    10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 20 #3

@Manuel Oliveira , do you have advice for users of this integration to address "phone number formating and compatibility"? For me, in North America, my own Pipedrive account have only ten-digits (514-xxx-xxxx). I don't put the "+1" in phone numbers in Pipedrive.
    When I use the app with the current format, I find myself dialing a number in Peru, not in Canada.
    How must my phone numbers be formatted in Pipedrive to work properly with this new JustCall integration?

Not your problem, but for context: My contacts in Pipedrive are also synched to Google Contacts. I presume that a bulk change inside Pipedrive will also be pushed to Contacts. I wonder how this change would affect other applications? We will see only through testing.

Perhaps we should consider a "feature" in this integration that will ask the user to specify the number format being supplied by Pipedrive? Now that I think of it, that would be ideal.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,269 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers Third Anniversary

Hi @PipedriveExperts.com thanks for the screenshot and the context. As I understand, if you are in North America and use your device's built-in dialer to call a contact in the same country, that will work without a country prefix. Your carrier recognizes you are calling another national number. In many other countries where the country code is not required at a national level, that also happens.

However, call integrations such as JustCall are designed to work internationally, they often use VoIP and might require the country prefix to be added to your contacts. In your example, JustCall is automatically taking the first three digits to be the country code for Peru. One way to permanently deal with this is to make sure all your contact phone numbers are saved with a country code, even if you are calling inside North America. That way, any calling integration you use will correctly recognize the country code.

• Nikolai Sokolov
    Nikolai Sokolov Member Posts: 118 VERIFIED MEMBER
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Up Votes

@PipedriveExperts.com you can also build a quite straightforward automation that will add the country code, either thru workflow automation (only if all your numbers are local and dont need parsing) or make (lets you do some fancy grepping and proper analysis of existing number format)