Inviting clients to Pipedrive Projects

CharlesV
CharlesV Member Posts: 16 VERIFIED MEMBER
10 Comments
edited October 8 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi

We use Asana as our projects management to discuss with our clients

We would like to use Pipedrive Projects instead

But first i would like to make sure that Pipedrive Projects has an essential feature (like all projects tools on the market) : be able to invite clients as "guests" on projects

on Asana, we can invite as many clients we need (like on monday, clickup…) and choose clients roles among 3 possibilities :

• ready only
  • comment only
  • right to create tasks

Please tell me that is possible with Pipedrive Projects

Thank you 🙂

Charles

1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Leonardo Zimmermann
    Leonardo Zimmermann Pipedrive Team Posts: 153 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Likes

Hey, @CharlesV!

Pipedrive Projects is relatively new compared to more mature project management tools like Asana, which means that the features available in Pipedrive Projects are still growing and it might not yet have the same level of functionality as Asana. Currently, inviting clients as "guests" with roles like "read-only," "comment-only," or "right to create tasks" is not a feature that Pipedrive Projects supports natively.

You can always, however, look for workaround in case you want to migrate to Projects. To manage your projects with clients using Pipedrive while providing some level of access to your clients, for example, I can think of two workarounds that might me useful:

• Instead of direct access, you can share updates, task progress, and project milestones with clients via email. Our Workflow Automations can help with this process by sending regular updates or notifying clients when specific milestones are reached.
    • Use client portals or shared documents (like Google Sheets or Docs) to provide clients with updates and receive their feedback. This way, you can manage internal tasks within Pipedrive Projects and communicate progress through shared documents.

I hope this helps :)

• CharlesV
    10 Comments

Hi Leonardo

Thank you,

i see your workarounds but those are the traditionnal ways to communicate with clients like 10 years ago :)

nowadays, its more effective to have a project in common with clients

Notion for instance (relatively new too) does that well : we can share anything in edit / view only mode

that would be a great feature for Pipedrive

• Andre Vill - DominateSales.io
    Andre Vill - DominateSales.io Member Posts: 148 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes

Hi @CharlesV

I think this is a great development idea for Pipedrive Projects in the future!

Pipedrive is a Sales CRM system and not a specific Project management tool, so I wouldn't start using it to compete against Asana or Notion. Those software are specific for that job. I think Asana and Notion don't have functional sales and marketing features.

Best

• CharlesV
    10 Comments

Hi

As it is a sales CRM system, its a good idea to be able to discuss with the client about the sale / service / product they have bought on a project, rather than to have to use email or another software

Plus, giving a " view only " or " comment only " to external guests is quite a common feature on all softwares

it would be great to have this on Pipedrive 😃

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 208 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 5 Answers
    edited July 2 #6

Projects is a major dud.

I love pipedrive but the projects module is half baked and abandoned.

There's no current development or planned future.

It's 2024 and there's no mobile access.

• CharlesV
    10 Comments

For now we still work with Asana for our clients projects

but it would great to have the basic features of Asana on Pipedrive projects + invite clients (as comment only or ready only) on those projects

• fabianspennare
    fabianspennare Member Posts: 2 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Name Dropper First Comment

I was wondering the same thing as @CharlesV. As our organization today is using Pipedrive for CRM functionality but are looking to find a better Project Managment Tool than was is used today outside of Pipedrive. We are a consulting firm working with projects together with clients and need to be able to invite clients and handle dialogues on tasks together with them.

As of today we are currently sesting monday.com for the Project Management Tool as if this feature is not prioritized by you and is not planned to be then their is a risk that we might be closing down our subscription on Pipedrive and use Monday.com instead as we are not in need of any advanced CRM features.

We do think similar to previously made comments that in 2024 the Project tool in a mature and well-established CRM as Pipedrive should have these features.

• CharlesV
    10 Comments

Hi

Any news about this ? about the possibility to invite clients (as guests) on their projects ?

(like we can do on all project management tools)

This would be an amazing feature for Pipedrive, it is THE missing feature compared to all project management tools on the market

Thank you ! 🙂

Charles

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,269 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers Third Anniversary

Hi everyone, this is a feature request so I have moved it to the feedback section. That way other users can also comment, upvote and make this request more visible to our product team.

• CharlesV
    10 Comments

Thank you Manuel

We would like to know if that's something planned on Pipedrive (or could be planned) or if it wont happen at all for some reason, just to know

Can you investigate ?

Thank you

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,269 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers Third Anniversary

Hi @CharlesV , for Q4 2024 the Projects add-on is unlikely to have new features added as we allocate resources to deliver the latest updates from our roadmap. You can have a look at what we're planning here.