Revenue forecast for tiered royalty model

BenSp
BenSp Member Posts: 1 VERIFIED MEMBER
edited June 27 in Sales CRM #1

Hi everybody!

I’d like to input the following for each deal:
- Royalty prices depending on volume steps
- Yearly projected production numbers
—> Then it should automatically calculate the revenue projection for the coming years.

Example royalty scheme (volume steps):
1-100k production volume: 5€
100k-200k production volume: 4€
200-300k production volume: 3€

Example projected production numbers:
Year 1: 50k
Year 2: 100k
Year 3: 150k
Year 4: 75k

—> With those inputs, I'd like to create a revenue forecast for the coming years. Note that the volume steps and projected production numbers are different per each project.

Is there any way I can implement within Pipedrive? I haven't found anything. So if not, do you have any suggestions which external tool I could connect to do those calculations?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Andre Vill - DominateSales.io
    Andre Vill - DominateSales.io Member Posts: 148 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes

Hi @BenSp

It is somewhat doable. I have not tested this out, but it should work.

The easiest way would be to use calculable fields in Pipedrive. You can probably set up some complex formulas to give you specific information based on the fields you enter.

1. Would have to automate with Pipedrive or Make, that if Products are added and the quantities are set, then it would update a custom field with the Royalty prices.
    2. After adding Royalty prices you can use calculable fields to automatically convert it into projected production revenue for the company. That would then give you a project-based revenue.
    3. Then you would have to use automation to combine all the project-based revenues under an Organization view, to see the whole Yearly revenue.

This could also be probably done by connecting the Pipedrive - Make - Spreadsheet connection doing all the calculations inside the spreadsheet and then sending that information back to Pipedrive.

Andre Vill / Dominate Sales
    Certified Pipedrive Reseller partner

[English] https://dominatesales.io/ - [Eesti] https://dominatesales.ee/pipedrive-crm/