Deal View - Show Label Text and Hide Yellow Caution Symbol

pete-uk
pete-uk Member Posts: 10 VERIFIED MEMBER
First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Hi PipeDrive team,

A request for UI options please. For the Deals view:

1. We don't use PipeDrive for task/next step tracking. As such, every deal has a yellow ⚠️ caution/warning symbol on the overall view. Would be nice to have an option to not display this icon!
  2. We do use labels however to track nuance around why a deal may be stuck, of if they need a feature, etc. I can see in the overall Deals view a colored bar when a deal has a label assigned, but what I'd like is to view the text of the label in that overall view. Does that make sense? If not I could quickly do a mockup to better communicate this ask.

Thanks!

1 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,216 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    250 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Answers 500 Comments

Hi @pete-uk , thank you for your feedback! The way Pipedrive was designed hinges on deals being driven forward by the tasks or activities you create for them. So, if a deal has no activities linked to it, the yellow warning sign is a visual alert to that.
    Could you share more about why you’re not using the activities feature in Pipedrive so that we can better understand your context? If you have an alternative method, what is it?

• pete-uk
    pete-uk Member Posts: 10 VERIFIED MEMBER
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Hi @Manuel Oliveira thanks for the response! I'll do my best to capture this here, but also happy to have a session if it's helpful.

First, we're a small company, so our workflow won't be relevant to many others. Second, we're doing B2B sales, but driven by an open-source model, which means we don't have sales people. As such, a majority of our task and project tracking is done in engineering tools (github, jira, etc.). Having somewhere else to deal with tasks is a bad idea for us, as it's an exception to having all our key data in one place.

We use Pipedrive for overall visibility, linking emails to opps, but not for the activity-based workflow.

That said, I've tried seeing how it could work, and it would be based on a marketplace syncing of data between Pipedrive and other systems like Atlassian for example.

Hence the request is an option to turn off the caution symbol, as a UI customization like you can do for many other things in the "Customize deal cards" settings.

But also the second request (should probably have done a separate thread for this!) is also helpful!

We do use labels however to track nuance around why a deal may be stuck, of if they need a feature, etc. I can see in the overall Deals view a colored bar when a deal has a label assigned, but what I'd like is to view the text of the label in that overall view. Does that make sense? If not I could quickly do a mockup to better communicate this ask.