Too Many Stages!

Daniel Berry
Daniel Berry Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello, I've built out a good process for construction jobs (remodels, roofing, etc), but there are so many stages that I can't even read what the stages are.  There's no way that I can see to zoom in, and I'm not sure what the best way to fix it would be.  Should I combine similar stages and just use activities within those stages to keep things moving?  Or should I create different pipelines for each area of the process (Sales, Planning, Execution).  Any ideas from experienced pipedrivers on the best way to fix this?  See the screenshot of my pipeline...

5ee22dbc9b999a6d39d85149_41673.png

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2

When you can't see the name of the stage, you know you have too many stages :) 

@Daniel Berry try splitting it across multiple pipelines, with less stages in each pipeline.

You can easily move a deal from one pipeline to the next [as it makes sense] 

• Daniel Berry
    Daniel Berry Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020 #3

@Daniel Berry try splitting it across multiple pipelines, with less stages in each pipeline.

Thanks @Boris Tsibelman  - That's what I was considering doing.  Hopefully I can still automate things to move a deal automatically from one pipeline stage to another pipeline stage when it gets to that point?  In that case, I think a separate pipeline for Sales, Planning and Execution would work well.  I have a project management system for the actual project tracking, but still like to track things administratively from Pipedrive.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate the input.

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020 #4

Yes, you can utilize automation to move the deal from pipeline to pipeline 

• Alex Panagis
    Alex Panagis Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #5

Haha I was about to say the same – or maybe it's time for a 45'' monitor? 😉